The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a stiff neck one day that got hot to touch and then hard to swallow. The following day I developed a sore throat so I thought I was just getting a cold. It lasted for a few days and it was really wearing me out so I went to my GP who said it was inflammation of the neck from the lupus and gave me celebrex. It helps but hasnt gotten rid of it completely. I followed up with a phone call to my rhemo a week later and she suggested staying on the celebrex. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hello and welcome :)

I just wanted to say that I have moved your post to a thread of its own so that you get replies to you rather than having it on someone else's thread :)

I'm afraid I don't have any neck inflammation suggestions other than, if it is part of lupus, then maybe your rheumy needs to be looking at better disease control if this is ongoing. I'm sure others will be along soon with their suggestions.

Katharine

·
Registered
87 Posts
I get sore throats all the time from Lupus, just one of those things i think. Mine dont have a pattern and dont come with a flare of any sort, just like aches and pains, it is on one day and off another, for no apparent reason.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.