The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone hope your all doing okay.
I had my rheumie appt on 26th march i am still waiting for results and next appt . i know it will be at least another month but the waiting is terrible.
I must admit to getting a little complacent as i had not been in that much pian or been that tired ,, but the last couple of days i have had pain. In my knees ankles shoulders elbows muscle pain all over its as if it cant make up its mind. I can have pain in all these places at different times during the same day its weird. :rolleyes:
as i sit here here i have shooting pains all over the place and really bad pins and needles in toes. :sad:
1 question i fell (not badly) about 3 weeks ago and bent my thumb back a bit as i landed. it still really hurts and the swelling wont go down. is it normal for small injuries to take ages to heal(its around the joint) thanx

·
Registered
467 Posts
:wavey:hi angie

that seems like a long time to wait to me, but i live in the states so i guess things are different across the pond. have you called to see if the results are in??
lupus pain is pretty flakey, comes and goes, moves from place to place...think of it as a game...wheres waldo :p.
as far as jamming your thumb a couple of weeks ago i have no clue how long that last. i haven't done that in a long time but i do remember that it last awhile, did you dislocate it??

hope you get you results soon

take care and feel better :rose3:
hugs and kisses

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi angie,

That is indeed a long wait for results. I'm sure they are back but, of course, having results without being able to discuss them with the competent doc doesn't add up to much anyways. Even if you had them in hand, you wouldn't be able to understand them fully and may jump to conclusions... that's why you need to wait for the rheumy appointment and I'd say that's the bit that's taking longer.

Not much consolation I know.

I'd ring up your GP and see if he/she hasn't heard anything back about a follow up appointment. Maybe a little pressure can be applied, you never know...

I hope your recent pain settles quickly and goes back to how it was a few days ago,

:hug:
Katharine

·
11,409 Posts
Hi Angie,

I think I would go and get that thumb checked out. Specially since the swelling wont go down after it has been 3 weeks.:eek: It sounds so painful.:hug:

Take care,
Lyn

·
Registered
212 Posts
That's a pretty normal wait this side of the pond - I had to wait nearly 6 weeks between my first rheumy visit at the beginning of March where I had 6 blood tests (I'd already had two positive ANAs going back to July 2008 ) and my second visit last week where I was given my lupus diagnosis. Still waiting to see my GP to start my medication. Oh and pressure doesn't work with the good old NHS, you just have to wait.

Hope you start to feel better soon, like others have said I would get that thumb seen to. Sounds very painful indeed. I know when I have any injuries or illnesses it seems to take me a long time to recover, so maybe that's why it's still inflamed. Hope it eases soon.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanx everyone i know i have to wait but its frustrating:rolleyes: i am going back to gp on tuesday as i have got really bad nausea:( and have had it for over a week. i ran out of anti sick last time i had a "flare" up maybe its one of my things? anyhow hope you are all as well as can be hoped :wink2:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts