The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not pregnant,honest,but just lately I crave the oddest things.The other night I was lying in bed and I craved sprout sauce for goodness sake.Not that I ever had it,but I was certainly thinking about trying to make it!I wonder if it's the tablets I'm on because the tegretol just makes me want to eat all the time,that's my excuse anyway:hehe:
Does anyone else have the same?
Julsie

·
Registered
301 Posts
Sprout sauce?????? When you find the recipe could you send it to me, please?

My father was on Tegretol for a longtime for TGN but he lost his sense of smell and therefore taste, so he wasn't bothered about eating.

Wish I had some appetite. I've lost 6lbs in 2 weeks without trying. Just eating because I have to.

Wonder if anyone else has the munchies? I only had the munchies when I was on prednisilone. Managed to put on 4st in about three months. :sad:

Hope you are having a good evening.

Love Judi xx

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Judi,
I wish I could lose some weight,I'm becoming a right porker!sometimes I lose my appetite completely,some days I just want chocolate and nothing else,but at the moment I just can't stop eating! The thought of sprout sauce now though would make me vom,the moment has passed,:)
Julsie

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
:rotfl:

I even googled it to no avail.

Cheers
Clare

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
Julse, you're supposed to crave"Chocolate", I know I do.
And I also don't have an appetite, at all. I have to force
myself to eat, and then it is not much.
But forget that sprout what-ever you're talking about, boy oh boy,
I am beginning to wonder what goes on over there in the UK.
Gotcha!!!

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
I agree with the chocolate sauce - 'yum, yum!'.

Brussel sprout sauce sounds yuk, although I must admit I love apple slices & olives to dip in homous!!!!
Lesley

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Apple slices and olives?bleuck! that's even worse!
No,no such thing as sprout sauce,as far as I know,but there I was lying in bed thinking about boiling up brussel sprouts then mashing them into a white sauce,God!what is wrong with me?!!!:hehe: what vitamin do sprouts have that I may be lacking perhaps?hhhmmm!
Julsie

·
Registered
6,152 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Yuck.... brussell sprout sauce.. now that is a strange craving. I like sprouts though but in the right place.. with a sunday dinner.
If I have a hangover or not feeling good I always crave homemade vegetable soup so maybe your body is telling you need some sort of vitamin or something found in green vegetables.
Strange eh.
Good luck with the recipe :rolleyes:
Sal x

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Joan,

Thanks for the links - I still don't like the idea that you can make Brussel Sprout Sauce - I don't mind otter green veggies though!

Yukky!

Lesley

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Julsie,
I am on Tegretol and I have a HUGE sweet tooth. Brussel Sprouts-Nasty:eek: Thank God that my weight is staying the same and actually have last a pound or two. I am not eating very healthy is why I am actually not gaining weight.

I did crave pasta salad last week and it was yummy. Other than that it is all about sweets:lol: and Starbuck's!!!!!!

Hugs,
Becca

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Joan,
I can't believe you found a recipe,that's amazing!I'm going to try that when I crave them again.Yep,definitely want them.And the info is interesting too.Right,sprouts,here I come!I'm sure my husband will be thrilled,he hates them,along with boiled eggs and beetroot.He calls them the devil's food:) Aside from that,I may actually blow him out of bed.Oh,well,needs must and all that!
Julsie

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Broccoli sauce is good, if you can get it with stalks that don't have hollow stems. You peel the stems having cut the heads off and cook them till tender preferably steaming them to retain the goodness, then puree them adding butter and a little creme fraiche & seasoning. Meanwhile lightly steam the florets and serve with the puree sauce.

:)
Clare

1 - 15 of 15 Posts