The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all

I wonder if you can help me, about a week ago I started to experience a stange sensation round my back, shoulder blades, chest, arms, it is like I have grazed all of my skin, (or have really bad sunburn) it is so sensitive that my clothes hurt me, it hurts to drive but it doesn't feel muscular, it feels like the top layer of my skin has been damaged, there is no rash, a couple of days later I started to feel really tired and achy, was unable to go to work today, have been to the doctor and he has taken some blood test, is this a common symptom with lupus (the severe sensitivity), I have been diagnosed with mild lupus and am taking planqunil and baby asprin. Any help would be appreciated.
Salmich

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi Salmich,

I don't know if it is a common symptom with lupus. I get very sore skin but not quite that sensitive. I have a feeling mine is more terribly inflamed surface muscles and that makes everything sore.

What you are describing sounds very like the sore skin people experience with fibromyalgia. Do you suffer from that as well?

It sounds very unpleasant whatever is causing it, I hope you can get some relief one way or the other,

Katharine

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
Hi Salmich, That is more of a fibro. symptom. Back when I had Fibro., I couldn't even put a sheet over myself when I went to bed. Let your Rheumy know, however, I don't know that there is much that they can do for that. Just know
that it will go away sooner or later. Be well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts