TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I've had a strange rash on the inner side of my lower legs. It has occurred three times in the last two weeks. Each time I get the rash, it covers more area than the previous time. It usually fades over 4-5 days and then recurs. The rash does not itch, but does burn slightly under water.

I haven't changed soaps, lotions, detergents, clothing, etc. In fact, I can't think of anything that would cause the rash. Have any of you had something similar? I think I have attached a photo... :?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Looks Like the lupus rash (SCLE) I get on my upper body, but I never have gotten them on my legs. I would go see a dermy, they are the best suited to dx and treat these things.

Take the photo incase its gone when you get in to see the dr.

Good Luck - Stephanie

·
11,405 Posts
Hi,

I have been getting rashes this year. Mine kinda look like that. They don't itch but when water goes on them it hurts. I have taken pictures of them to the rhumey last week.

When mine start to go away they feel rough. How does yours feel when they start to fade? I hadn't had any since Jan,08 but now that I am tapering my pred. The rash is appearing again.:( Seems like a new spot everytime. It now is on my neck just below my adams apple. I too havn't changed any soaps or shampoos.

Have you shown the picture of the rash to your doctor?

Take care,
Lyn

·
Registered
614 Posts
It is very hard to say just what it is.
The picture does resemble the early stages of a SCLE rash my wife gets but hers last alot longer then you are describing and cover alot wider area then you have in the picture.
Normally hers will cover 50%-95% of her body when she gets them.

I would go to see a Derm as soon as possible. Take your picture in case you do not have it when you go or if it is in a stage where it is starting to fade.

The fact that you have tried to rule out soaps, lotions and so on may be a help to them. You may also want to pay attention to what you were wearing the day before you got it that would have touched the affected area.

Tha fact that it does not itch but does burn under water may also help them.

It may be a good idea to keep a log from the time it shows up with pictures and notes on what you notice about it.
No itch
Burns Under Water - May need to be a bit more specific on this one. Burns under hot water not cold. Burns under water of any temp. What ever the case may be.
Started to fade.
Covers a area of 6" or what ever it hapens to be.

Some items acn be a little hard to find a cause at first so the more detail you give the better.

They may need to run a few tests to help determine what it is and it could require a few trips.
But they may be able to give you something to help when you get it.

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
Hi Jenifer, I have that a lot, and it is a good thing that you took
a picture of it. It looks like " Livedo Reticulitis", and I am sure
that I spelled that wrong, I know that others will come in and give you their thoughts as well. Put cream on it, it will feel soothing to
you. that's all I do to mine. good luck.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you for the replies, everyone. I see the rheumy again on April 8, and am hoping it will be present. I've taken pictures of the rash each time I've gotten it, so you can really see how much it has "grown" each time.

Rwb, I'll definitely make notes as you suggested, especially about it burning under water. I haven't tried changing the water temperature to see what happens. I just noticed how it felt when I stepped into the shower.

Lyn, it does not feel rough at any point. It doesn't even seem raised...just hot to the touch.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts