The Lupus Forum banner

stress and life

678 views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  keebler 
#1 ·
I think this is about whinning but then I am not sure
in the last two and half weeks. my best friend passed away, then last week another friend, then yesterday my Uncle
with the stress of Christmas and holidays and losing two of my best friends, I just needed to talk to someone. and being here for five years means a sercurity blanket where I can express myself.

my best friend was my venting partner, so I cant tell her how much I miss her. and ask her what I am suppposed to do without her. that is so selfish, wishing she was here to ask her advice

I know she would be saying , give yourself a kick and get on with it
love can be painful but I would never wantt to have missed her friendship
even if this is the pain you feel when they are gone
is there a hidden message in this text. perhaps it is way of saying good-bye to her from here

God Bless my deepest friend

#2 ·
(((hugs)))

What a tough time of year to go through losing two friends and a relative... I'm very sorry for your loss. I think you just gave yourself some of the best advice out there through thinking about what your friend would have told you; I can't agree more myself.

#3 ·
Goats,

I am so sorry that you have had to deal with 3 deaths of loved ones so close together. I agree with Maia, you gave your self great advice.

It is a tough time of the year with the holidays so close to have to miss someone you loved so dearly. I am sorry that your hurting but know that your friend is at peace and looking down on you right now. She does not want you to be sad and your probably right in that she would tell you to pick your self up and give you a good, swift butt kick.:lol:

Hold her memory close to your heart as that in itself is a gift.

I wish you well moving forward through the holiday season and light a candle for your friend in her memory and say a prayer for her. It has always helped me to do that when I loose a close friend or family member.

Keep your chin up and come here to vent as much as you need to. We are here for you!!!:wink2:

#4 ·
goats,

I want to say I know just how you feel in one year I lost 1 grandfather, 3 grandmothers, a mother, a father, and a cousin. There is nothing harder than putting someone you care for and share every important moment with to rest. 7 years later I still find myself trying to call my mom's number when there is something that happens that I would of normally called her for. All I can tell you is that to try and relax when you can and take care of yourself while finding a way to let go physically, yet keeping them in your heart always. I am sure you are a better person for sharing your lives together. If you need to talk just email me would be glad to talk with you anytime. In the mean time be strong and healthy during the holidays.
Hugs to you,
Tammy

#5 ·
Dear Goats,
I lost a very dear work partner a few years back. He was someone I always knew would be there for me, and then suddenly he wasn't. I was very sad for quite a while,but it does get a lot easier after a year or so. You have had a very bad time just lately, I really hope things go easier for you now.
We are all here for you,
Love Lola x

#6 ·
Dear ((((((((Carol))))))))

Im sure your friend would be very proud of the fact that you posted here about how much you loved her. I think losing a best friend must be one of the hardest losses to bear. Best friends are not easy to come by and finding one is a privilege. On top of that you are also having to come to terms with other beareavements :sad:

There is never a good time to lose anyone we love but its particularly hard during the holiday season. Its hard to 'deck the halls' and cope with so much cheeriness when we are suffering inside.

Much love and strength at this difficult time. My heart goes out to you
Joan:rose:

#8 ·
((((((((((((Carol)))))))))))))) :hug:

I'm so sorry for your losses Carol, it's very hard anytime, but somehow when it happens at this time of year it just makes it all that much more worse.

I think too that your friend would have valued your friendship just as much as you did, you are a very special person. Carol I don't know what else to say but that I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers over the coming weeks.

Take care,

lots of love
Lily

#10 ·
((((Carol))))

I am so sorry for your losses. You have given yourself great advice.

I know how it feels to lose someone very close to you. My daughter passed away in Nov. of this year.

Just take it a day at a time or hour by hour.

Sending you lots of hugs.:hug::hug:

Love,
Lyn

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.