The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Just need a moan really.
The last week my left leg is refusing to behave. My car is in the garage for repairs so I've had to rely on the bus to work etc. To get to the bus stop it is a 1/2 mile walk. A few steps from home my left leg is tired and heavy. Eventually it just drags when I walk.The more I walk the worse it gets and then my right leg decides to play up by giving way.(Today I took a stick with which helped but I feel funny using it). I have ruined my favourite shoes because of it. By the time I catch the bus I am so tired, wobbly and ready for bed. I am also struggling with work. By the end of it my body just wants to sleep. I hate how everything I should be able to do is so hard. I just want to feel bouncy and not tired.
Sorry for moaning. I have 2 long days at work ahead of me and it seems daunting. Going to see GP on Monday to see if she can do anything.
In the mean time any tips on surviving would be good.:(

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Dear Snowflake, To be honest I don't know how you are managing. I am sorry you feel odd using the stick. Some of the folding ones that can pop in your bag are good and not too obvious. I hope they understand at work and are sympathetic.
I would like to feel bouncy too!
X Lola

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Purplesnowflake,

Sorry to hear how difficult it has been! Hope you have a good GP visit on Monday!

Perhaps trainers would be a better option for the walk, then change shoes at work!

Let us know how you get on!

Lesley

·
elisabethm
512 Posts
Hi purpilsnowflake why is it that some of us hate to use sticks cruches i know myself that i do not like to use mine.Then when i do use them i feel i have to tell people why and i dont like that so if i can do without them then i will but i am sorry you are having a hard time.Do you work full time or part time and have you applied for disability if not then if work is getting to much for you then try for that hope you feel better soon.Best wishes to you Elisabeth

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hugs to you :hug:

It does sound very bad indeed all that. Has this problem been going on long? Have you mentioned it to your rheumy?

Was work already a struggle before this car thing? Maybe you need to either see if meds can be adjusted or think of a break or reduced hours?

I'm really sorry I don't have any other advice. I know how you feel about using a stick. I feel self concious about taking a seat stick anywhere with me but if I don't and end up standing, even 5 minutes, I could scream with pain (except I've always been the type that's gets increasingly silent when in pain :lol:)

I hope things look up soon and that your car is repaired quickly.

again, loads of hugs,
Katharine

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
i know just how you feel ,having had to stop driving my self and the bus not right near, me either, its bad isnt it, i really feel for you could they give you some different meds, ? hope it eases ofr you

big (((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))))) Lin xxx

·
11,410 Posts
(((Snowflake)))

I have been wondering how you were doing. I am sorry that you are going threw such a rough patch.:(

Is there anyway a friend could give you a ride?

Don't worry about using a stick. If it helps you that is what counts.

I hope your doctor on Monday can help you.

:hug:
Lyn

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
:) Hi Snow, I am sorry that you are feeling so bad.First you should make a list , listing all your symptoms, something like your post, show it to your GP, but don't let her keep it, and ask her if she will give yoou a referral to be seen by a Rheumatologist. He is the one that you give the list to. You can try to ask your GP for something for the pain, let her know that it is unbareable. As for the cane, you absoutly need it. When I was told I had to use a cane my reaction wwas the same. So my Hubby got one with a pink background all over and baby flowers allover the pink. Now everyone looks at the cane because it's so pretty and unusual, and not one of them has ever thought to ask why I need it. I hope that you get better soon. The key is to pace yourself.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi. Thanks for replies. I survived work and after not doing anything since I feel alot better.My leg is now behaving, just in time to see GP. Why does that always happen? I will write a list etc and see what she can do.
Car is back on the road so I do nt have to walk so far. I'll try and be good and pace myself better.
Thanks again it does help.
Also, Halfpint where did your hubby find such a nice cane? It sounds cool.:blush:

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts