1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
one can get a little too healthy in the search of a cure ! There is a lot I will go without, but that doesn't include freshly baked bread with all that gluten.

interesting read, thanks lily

raglet

·
Registered
300 Posts
Interesting article, thanks!

The relationship between the two surely sounds plausable, but as Raglet has said fresh baked bread is just too irresistable! :) I am a carb junkie..love breads and pastas.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Thanks lily!:flowery: ..very interesting article...I have always found that eliminating wheat from my diet helps.
hope you are keeping well.

However it's very difficult because I love bread!!:eek: so thank you raglet & sharon for helping me feel better, instead of being so hard on myself for not having enough willpower!:rolleyes: maybe I am 'normal' after all :lol:

love karen x

·
Registered
8,577 Posts
I went through a period 13 years ago where I went on a gluten free diet for 6 months. First off it is very difficult to do. Wheat is found in several marinade products like Teriaki and from there the list goes on. I did find you can make bread from 2 ancient wheats that don't have the problem gluten. I had to make that bread myself because of something else that was also eliminated from my diet. It was a very dense bread but it sure beat rice bread by a long shot. After 6 months I returned to a normal healthy diet and experienced no changes in my health.

Karen

·
jmaca
203 Posts
I started a gluten-free diet a year ago, and wrote about it on this website. Basically, my diet is far more an Asian diet than a Western one. It's not just gluten-free but also sugarless and dairy-less. I have slipped off the diet on occasion, especially on weekends, but for five days a week every week I've kept to it. I think that giving my body a full 9 or 10 months of no gluten whatsoever was a very, very good thing. Now it seems I can have a little bit of it, but definitely not daily, and do fine.

I've felt better following this diet than I've felt since I was a kid. So it definitely has made a difference to me. My sedrate has been normal this whole time. I think this is the first time in about 30 years that it's been normal, and it started to go down within a month of starting the diet.

Oh, and the other thing I haven't been able to give up at all is my coffee, with some light cream or Half-and-Half, and a teaspoon of sugar every morning. So, come to think of it, I do cheat the diet daily :hehe:. My dr. told me I was doing so well that it was fine to allow myself my daily coffee pleasure.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Thanks Lily for posting this. :flower2:

2 years before I was diagnosed I tried to follow a gluten free diet as I had IBS and was feeling yucky all the time.

It was hard but helped me lose weight and improved my IBS. Don't think I could stick to it all the time though. I can live without bread but not homemade pasta.........hmmmm.

Hugz,

Pam xxx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts