The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I parked in a disabled bay today for no more than 1hr(3 hr maximum) I returned to a parking fine of £70!!!
I displayed my blue badge but I forgot to put the time disk on the dashboard. :oops:
Apparently I got the maximum fine of £70 instead of the lower £50 because of the severity of the offence.
Then, just to top it off nicely, when I read the penalty charge I noticed that my tax disk is out of date. I received a new one last october and I remember putting it over the other one. I am assuming that it has been stolen when my car was in the garage following my crash in feb.

wow do I feel like a criminal :rolleyes:

Hugs
Elle x

·
Registered
893 Posts
Hi Elle

My sympathies entirely.

I live in fear of brain fog/freeze getting me into some kind of misunderstood trouble.

Hope you can try to write and see what happens.

Take care
Nicky

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
I would definately appeal the fine....I am sure that if you write a letter and explain what happened (if you have a receipt from your shopping that would be great support of the timing). Maybe they will reduce or rescind the fine??? One can only hope.

You are not a criminal...

Stephanie

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Hi Elle

I'm sorry to hear about your fine :sad: That's happened to me a few times now. once my badge had even expired without me noticing :rolleyes:

I appealed once and won, so it's worth a try :) Include a photocopy of your blue badge and time disk, I was advised to do that for a better chance.
you could always say that the time disk must have slipped off the dashboard :wink2: a little white lie wont do any harm :)

good luck elle and don't beat yourself up you're only human :)
love karen x

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the advice, just sent off the appeal so fingers crossed.

The time disk accidentally sliped of the dashboard:wink2:. Thanks for that idea Karen.

Hugs
Elle x

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
Well done Elle! :highfive:

Its the little victories in life that keep us going :wink2:

Luv n stuff
Joan:rose:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.