TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just thought I'd tell you all just how stupid I was recently.

Some of you may remember me answering somebody's thread about how cold I was....WELL I was lying in bed the other night and despite being very tired I couldn't sleep as I was deathly cold and my breathing was pretty bad (it gets that way when I'm tired or if my body is down in some way). And suddenly, it dawned on me that I had completely forgotten my L-Thyroxine for a whole ten days!!!

I had put it in my handbag to travel back from Greece and, guess what, it got left there. It's the only med that doesn't go into my pill dispenser because I take it as soon as I wake up.

So you see, no wonder I was cold and had developed these weird ice-pick headaches that I knew had nothing to do with my usual headaches! I'm sure that the fact that I take a rather high dose (175) didn't help.

At least I suppose it proves a point that if your thyroid is out, you may just be feeling the cold a lot :lol:

Anyway, it is the first time in eight years of taking it that I have forgotten and I felt so incredibly silly that it took me a few days to actually pluck up the courage to admit what had happened to hubby (and you guys) :rotfl:

Just don't follow my example,
love and hugs to all,

Katharine

·
Registered
553 Posts
Hi Katherine

Sorry your feeling poorly, but good job you figured it out, now you can start to feel well again. I started setting my phone to beep at me incessantly before I leave the house in the morning as this is the time I usually forget my meds as hubby is not around at that time to remind me (and my brain seems to needs at least 2 hours to wake up lol)!

Take care
Claire xx

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Bless glad you back on it now, easy done though, forgetting i mean :)

keep warm Lin xx:hehe:

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
Its easy done Katharine :hugbetter: But - 10 days! :eek: ;) Thank goodness you worked it out though.

I hope you start warming up real soon and that your breathing improves :hugbetter:

Luv n stuff
Joan:rose:

·
Registered
931 Posts
Oh my (((((Katherine))))) :hugbetter:

Ten days is a long time indeed to be without thyroxine!!!! No wonder you were so cold and so headachy (those ice-pick headaches sound pretty strong and rather ouch by the way...!)....

Hope the cold and headaches go away oh so fast now that you're back on the thyroxine!!!! :) :fingers:

Sending loads and loads of hugs (along with some calorie-free hot chocolate!) your way and hoping you feel better very very soon :grouphug2: :grhug:

:flowery:

Zoi

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
:hehe:
I have been even "stupider" in a way and for far longer, but I am not telling!
At least you remembered before you went into a coma or whatever. I hope you are back to normal soon but you might want to get levels checked out in case you need a boost for a while. And at least you knew where they were!

Hugs
Clare

·
Registered
233 Posts
The old "been there done that" too Katherine , but same as Clare T. I will not reveal any more , for they may put me in a padded room. LOL
Good when we can laugh at ourselves ... especially if very little harm done.
Again sorry about your dad'
take care and all the best.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts