The Lupus Forum banner

sugar

517 views 8 replies 9 participants last post by  pollianna 
Hi set apart, funny this has come up. I have done exactly that, given up all bread, white potatoes, only salt remains as I have such low blood pressure. I have to say even tho I have been in flare since October I feel a little better physically every day . I have been doing it for about 6 days now. My mood is lifting also as I was very depressed. I'm eating egg whites and home made turkey burgers for breakfast, chicken and salad for snack, a little brown rice, beans, greens and chicken for lunch and dinner, blueberries, grapefruit and a little steak if I need it. I know carbs make me feel worse and wondered about wheat.

I have no reflux problems, no gastric upset and because I am feeding my body six times a day with small amounts of complex carbs and protein my energy is steadier than it has been for a long time. I will add yougurt when I loose a couple of more pounds and tweak it some to ensure I get enough vitamins but so far so good. I'm following the Michael Thurmond six week body makeover. He seems to know his stuff

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.