The Lupus Forum banner

Sun Block Recommendations

10K views 48 replies 29 participants last post by  Miffy 
I have been using Ultrasun which you only need to apply once a day & it has to be at least 45 minutes before going outdoors.

It is swiss made & mostly used by people that Ski but has also been very successful with those that have photo sensitivity. It will protect for UVA & UVB.

I am now allergic to many cosmetics & sunscreens but this works for me. I am a converted former sun worshipper and it stops me breaking out or feeling nauseous.

I do have trouble buying it so normally order over the net.

Cheers,

Pam

Mrs H,

I didn't know you could get Ultrasun on prescription, how do I go about this...just ask my GP? I use the UVA 93% & UVB 30 super sensitive brand. I normally buy it online but found the site was actually a chemist about 10mins from my house in Glasgow. Funny thing was it was still cheaper on the net than the short drive!

I couldn't live without it & where I would tan really quickly before the sun doesn't touch me at all. I also don't get the nausea if I apply it correctly.

I'm intrigued!

Hugs,

Pam xxx

I do tan very easily but since using Ultrasun I do not tan at all. It also helps with the nausea & dizziness that I was having. I like the fact that it is thick & sticky when I first put it on as I do feel I am protected.

That's just me though.......

My friends sister has Vitiligo & gets it on prescription. She couldn't live without it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.