The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if this is the correct category to post this question, but I need some advice about sun protection. I am in a wedding in August that is to take place on the beach in the middle of the day. The photographs will start around 11:30 on the beach, and then I assume we will get a break before the 2:00 p.m. ceremony. The dress I am to wear has spaghetti straps. I am pale as a ghost because I don't go in the sun (I am not sure if I would have a bad reaction, but I avoid it anyway). I plan to use a self-tanning product ahead of time so at least I have a little color, as the other girls are beach worshippers and will be dark.
However, I am nervous to be in the sun at peak time. I know I need to use sunscreen, and I am going to use a coverup or parasol during the photos for the time when I am not part of the picture, but the 1/2 hour or so for the ceremony makes me nervous. Does anyone have any recommendations of sunscreen that won't rub off on my dress or sweat off? I am sure I am going to be perspiring like crazy. I am freaking out because I don't want to get a flare up. Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Hi Ceba,

Lucky you, I haven't been to a wedding in ages. The parasol is a great idea. Have you thought about wearing a hat - it is very chic to do so nowadays. Even if it's just for the ceremony. Is it going to be completely open air, they may have arranged a gazebo or the like?

There is a sticky about sun creams which I've attached below:

http://www.thelupussite.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53490

You will really need factor 50+ or even better total sunblock. Another idea is to take a fan to cool you down.

Hope that helps. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Hugz, :hug:

Pam xxx

·
Registered
117 Posts
lupus and sun

I too look like a white ghost. I normally stay out of the sun too and only go out when the suns rays are not as strong. I am photosensitive and strong rays will break me out in a bad bad rash. Then my joints will hurt and the lupus acts up. I use that Sunscreen with the 50 protection and it helps quite a bit. That might help and also the parasol will help too. I used to love being at the beach in my younger days. But since this lupus I have not seen a beach in years. Have always wanted to live at a beach but now with lupus, not sure. Maybe in the mountains in the woods! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts