The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dermy gave me Contralum Ultra a sunblock.
Has anyone heard of this?And what are your experience with it?

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Hello ! :)
I hadn't heard of this brand and on googling it I found all the references were in Dutch so I assume it is a Dutch make. The texts can be translated into a very weird literal English with horrors of grammar and the Dutch word stuck in when they aren't in the translation programme.
I found the Dutch easier, working from German. :hehe:

I didn't get a very good impression of this med. There was a comment on a health forum that this stuff is out of date and there are many better brands on the market. There was also something about whether it is nowadays reimboursable. The article doesn't seem too favourable either.
I got the strong impression that you might be better off with one of the other well known reliable brands. The ingredient Mexoryl is highly recommended by dermatologists. It's in Anthelios by La Roche -Posay and in some other brands too.
You need broad spectrum UVA and UVB, sometimes called total block. It's not clear how important the SPF rating is or what it means when you get above 30 but I would go for at least 40. Most of the reliable brands will have SPF 50 or 60. Zinc and titanium -micro particles come recommended as well as the ingredient Parsol.

http://www.huidziekten.nl/zakboek/dermatosen/ztxt/Zonnebrandcremes.htm

Have a read of the other entries Google comes up with

:)

Clare

1 - 3 of 3 Posts