TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my name is Jackie, I've only posted once before, but I was diagnosed with SLE last November after only six months of weekly visits to my GP :rolleyes: which compared with quite a few people is not long at all, so I have been really lucky. I have two small boys aged 5 and 20 months who are just fab and a wonderful husband and mum (who is doing my ironing at the moment!) who support me.

After a really bad week, feeling rotten, tired and crying all the time, I saw my consultant again on Friday as I've been trying to cope by just having cortisone injections in my elbow and taking anti-inflammatory tablets, but he gave me a steriod injection in the bum which has perked me up and has now put me on Plaquenil and given me a mild anti-depressant to help me get a good nights sleep as I'm feeling exhusted - especially as I have to be a Teletubby and/or Power Ranger as well as doing the cooking, cleaning, shopping etc! Hat's off to anyone here who juggles work, kids, partners and housework :bow:

Anyway, point of my thread is to ask if anyone knows of any support groups in the UK as it would be great to be able to get some more help. This site is fantastic but it would also be nice to meet people in the same position.

Hope everyone is feeling ok, I'm feeling much more positive now and my 5 year old rode his new bike today without stabilisers - I'm soooo proud! :bigsmile:
Jackster

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Hello Jackster,

Well Done to your litle one.
I know Lupus UK has local groups so that would be a good thing to investigate.
You may also be a ble to get on the Expert Patient Plan course which is a short support course for people with a Health problem. Your Doctor's surgery could tell you about this.I expect other people will have more ideas too.
x Lola

·
Dee
302 Posts
Hi Jackster, :)
Welcome to this wonderful helpful site.
If you become a member of Lupus UK, they send your details to their local group organiser, then they will send you a newsletter & contact details so you can get in touch, the newsletter will have all local meetings coffee mornings, activities etc.

Good luck love :)

Congrats to your son, :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Support Groups

Thanks for both your replies and suggestions, I'm going to become a member of Lupus UK as I haven't already joined (don't know why!) Hope you are both ok, thanks again for taking the trouble to respond, it's much appreciated.:)
Love

1 - 4 of 4 Posts