The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having my myomectomy on Wednesday. I am starting to get nervous, I have never really had surgery where they cut you open before. I am getting everything in order at home and at work. I will stay at my parents for a couple weeks afterwards. I am off work for 6 weeks. After that, I don't think I will want to go back :lol:

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Good luck with your upcoming surgery. How wonderful that you can stay with your parents and have that attentive care only parents seem to be able to give... ;)

You'll be fine - I've had several of these invasive type surgeries and the first few days are the worst and then improvement comes rapidly. Just keep telling that to yourself!

Quite normal to be nervous I think - very understandable. You'll be fine - post with an update when you're able!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi. Good luck with your surgery. Docs know what there doing so you will fly thru it with no problems. I will keep you in my prayers. Hope you have a speedy recovery. Laurie:wink2:

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hey there :)

I hope everything goes really well for you. All the best of luck!

Katharine

·
Registered
8,577 Posts
lullrich,

The anasthesiologist should be talking to you today. Sometimes we are given IV steroids with the anasthesia to try and reduce the chance of a flare. My obgyn also gave me more IV steroids the day of the surgery and again the day after. It was just in small doses 100mg at a time. I don't know if you have discussed this with your doctors already or not but its not too late to call your doctor to ask about it. Even before surgery is plenty of time and the surgeon should be visiting you before the operation tomorrow.

I will say that having my mom come stay with us after my hysterectomy (sp?) made a huge difference. I truly got waited on hand and foot which kept my pain levels down. She stayed with us for about 2 weeks and that seemed just about perfect.

Take care,
Karen

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hope all goes well we will be thinking of you and wish you a speedy recovery (((((((((lullrich))))))))) :foryou:

love
Lily

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
(((((lullrich)))))

best of luck to you :luck: ..I hope your op goes smoothly & wishing you a speedy recovery.

make the most of being at your parents & get plenty of rest :)

sending you big healing hug's
:there: :hug:
take good care..karen x

·
Registered
468 Posts
I've had numerous surgeries and it is perfectly normal to be frightened, if you have any questionsmake sure and ask them and sometimes that can relieve some of the stress. I am glad you will have somewhere to go afterwards so you can be taken care of. I agree the first few days are the worst, just remember that they will go by and things will get better day by day. You will be in my thoughts, for a safe and sucessful surgery and recovery.:hug: :flowery: Karly

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Surgery Update

Thank you all for your well wishes.

Surgery went well. They removed the fibroid without any problems. It was the size of a baseball.

I am walking some. I still have some pain and a little numbness and sensitivity. My abdomin is still swollen.

I have a follow-up appointment on Friday.

Mom & Dad are taking great care of me.

Take care,
Lisa

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Hi Lisa,

Great to hear it all went well. I hope you get stronger by the day and make the most of Mum and Dad looking after you.

Hugz, :hug:

Pam xxx

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Good news Lisa, I'm glad all is ok and that you are being pampered, you deserve it :foryou:

Take care,

love
Lily

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Thanks for letting us know Lisa and my best wishes for a speedy smooth recovery. Baseball size eh ! :eek: Gosh.

Hugs
Clare

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Thanks for giving the update - I'm glad it went well and you're being well taken care of by Mom & Dad :) I would imagine healing will go quite quickly from here on out. I certainly hope so!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts