The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Just looking for a little reassurace that am not going crazy, and not alone in this mad illness of ours...

I went away for the weekend and it involved a lot of sitting in cars, at a dinner and then an afternoon sitting in a venue. The next day I could hardly move my lower back as the base vertebra seem to have swollen as a reaction to the long hours spent sitting in the same position.

This kind of thing happens a lot to me...if I lean my arm on a desk for a couple of hours, I get a painful swelling where it rested...if I don't sit straight my shoulders swell up and hurt...if I carry a bag for a long time I get swelling where it rested. Is this normal...does it happen to anyone else? Its really annoying because it doesn't always hurt at the time...just when my immune system makes a big deal out of it later! Its becoming pretty debilitating especially when it is caused by desk work...has anyone else found a way to work round it?

Thanks, Fellow Lupies!

·
11,410 Posts
Hi Roseanne,

I haven't experience symptoms like that.

Have you talked to your rhumey about this? It sounds painful and quite annoying.

Love,
Lyn

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Hi Roseann,

I get random swelling in my legs and around my joints yet it is never associated with leaning on something too long like a desk or carrying a bag over my shoulder. I am not sure why this is happening but I would call your doctor and make him aware of this.

I sure hope tomorrow finds you doing a bit better.;)

·
mea
277 Posts
Hi Roseann,

I get swelling all over my body,sometimes the skin as an organ itself feels swollen.I also have tenderness but it is immediately felt,like if I lean on desk my wrist,elbow,etc will feel tender on contact.This seems different than what you are feeling,I would definitelytell dr.

hugs, mea

·
jmaca
203 Posts
Roseanne, what you describe sounds so much like me. I'm in a pretty good phase right now, but ever since my teens, I've had that kind of swelling from such simple things. In fact, muscle and joint inflammation and swelling are my biggest symptoms, along with nerve impingements caused by the swelling.

I don't know the answer, but you are certainly not alone. It's a joke in my family that I am the princess in that old tale, The Princess and the Pea. Everything hurts me and it takes very little to cause painful swellings.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.