The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi....another question...does anyone suffer from being fuffy and bloated...i get really fuffy hands/fingers....and as the day goes on it sometimes gets worse?!!...any suggestions would be great....:wink2:...jane

·
elisabethm
512 Posts
Hi Jane yes i get swollen and bloated round my tummy as the day goes on and my hands are the same right now my legs are the same they are a bit tight have you tried putting your hand in hot water to try and get the swelling down hope you get some releif from it soon good luck Elisabeth

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Water pills? My GP put me on Lasix and it does help. I lost 4 lbs of water in one day, the third day on an upped dosage.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hi...thanks for the input.....but gp wont put me on water pills at mo due to liver enzymes being up still...:(.....dont suppose we have any other ideas?...i ssuppose i will have to wait and see....;) jane

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
Hi there, the only thing I can suggest is stool softeners. I am swollen and so bloated that I always wear my shirts outside instead of tucking it in, because the meds make me constipated and I look like I am five months pregnant. So I take stool softeners. It may be worth a try. I hope you feel better soon.

·
Registered
468 Posts
You could also limit the salt you take in, usually a lot of our food already has tons of sodium in it.....of course don't cut it out all together. I end up just trying to lay down and rub the affected areas, not much help but maybe.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts