TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Pollianna
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, am doin well on the Plaq but recently have had this symptom. I just got it again tonight after feeling terribly weak suddenly. I told the trainee rheumy at the hospital but she wrote to my Gp she didn't think it was "suggestive of Raynauds" My hands aren't cold. It feels like there's pressure building up inside the skin.

My hands throb and turn blue/grey. I looked at them in the mirror against my face and from the wrist down there's no colour at all. They look as though they are dead tissue. The blood vessels protrude and get really swollen and the white connective tissue seems more obvious. I am struggling to write this as they feel tight. My period is due, don't know if that could have anyhting to do with this. I had it years ago when I first got ill as well, even took myself to the ER with it, they told me they were fine because they wern't cold no matter how they looked . My face is burning and my Lupus rash is up.

Anyone shed some light on this?

P xx

·
Registered
289 Posts
pollianna;541061 said:
I told the trainee rheumy at the hospital but she wrote to my Gp she didn't think it was "suggestive of Raynauds" My hands aren't cold. It feels like there's pressure building up inside the skin.

My hands throb and turn blue/grey.
Hi Pollianna

Just wanted to confirm that your symptoms don't sound like Raynaulds - well certainly not as I experience it!

Hope someone here can help you more.

Take care

Merle

·
Registered
642 Posts
Hi Pollianna
I've no idea either except to say its not like my raynauds.

Could it be some kind of vasculitis????
Just guessing. I'm sure somebody with more experience may help.

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Polliana,

Not sure what's causing your problems in hand, but there's no reason why you can't go back to GP regardless of what the Rhuemi said!

Make and appointment and push for some more answers!

Do you suffer from allergies, this is also something to consider as a possible cause. Or have you been outdoors more and had hands exposed to the English light!

Anti-histamines will help inflammation, swelling as well as allergies.

·
4,430 Posts
Hi Pollianna, not the same as my severe raynauds either but does sound as if there is something strange with your circulation. Think you should pop to the GP to get it checked out, especially as a few other lupie symptoms are rearing their ugly heads.... take care and let us know how you get on.
Claire X

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi Pollianna,

I agree with the others that it really doesn't fit a raynauds description but I would still go to your GP and see what he has to say. It could be a vasculitis problem or poor circulation? I really have no idea, just guessing here.

If the problem goes away at times make sure that you take photos of it so that you can show them to the GP.

I have had problems with painful hands, especially at night, which "feel" swollen but look totally normal. I still don't know what causes it. In my case it could be arthritis, neuropathy, "just" lupus... Thankfully it has eased quite a bit in the last few months.

Katharine

·
Pollianna
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, it's gone down now but it is really scarey. Unfortunately my GP is off limits I think. he knows nothing about what's happening to me. I would be just as well to wait the 18months till I see the Rheumy :lol:

I am seeing a proffessor of Genetic Dermatology in London on 29th on the Rheumy's request as I have a genetic malformation of the hands and hyperkeratosis. It's a very rare syndrome. I will ask him what he thinks it could be....xxx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts