The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
Just a quick question for anyone who knows.Does anyone get swollen joints due to sun exposure,just when flaring or with overuse?or is there no real pattern?thanks,
Julsie

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi Julsie,

My joints don't actually ever visibly swell but I do get painful joints from sun but also from overdoing things in general. Not overusing the joint, just overusing myself - haha - getting too tired.

A good example was this weekend when I walked a tiny bit more than the 20 minutes I can just manage. Obviously I really hurt my feet but also, Sunday pm (after walking a bit Sat afternoon) I suddenly felt really awful, crushing tiredness and joint, tendon, muscle, nerve pain. The whole lot. It was also relatively dry (though not sunny) so, although I was completely covered up, sunscreen etc. who knows which was worse - the walking or the "sun".

sorry, I'm not much help on a clear answer am I?
Katharine

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
Hi Julsie, what is going on with you? I swell very little, and when I do
it is usually when flaring or I have overdone. I never go out in the sun.
I hope you are allright, be well. ((((hugs)))))

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh,Halfpint,
Don't worry,it's not my joints that swell.I was asking because of my brother,he has similar symptoms to me but his joints get red and swollen,thanks,
Julsie

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
If I remember correctly (I may be wrong) that's - the red swollen joints - more indicative of arthritis. Maybe Rheumatoid Arthritis if he has other symptoms.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts