The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just came up with a very swollen and tender lymph node in my underarm. It has only hurt since yesterday morning. Is this something I need to have the doc check, or just wait to see if it will clear up pretty quickly on its own? I know I sound like a worry wart, but being diagnosed with mctd recently, I am not sure what I need to check with the doc and when... I sure don't want to waste the time or money- to see a doc when he will just tell me it will clear up on its own. Also, shortly after being diagnosed I have noticed I have what kind of looks like a rash on my upper back and shoulders but sort of looks like acne. I know-- it sounds gross, but the spots don't look infected like with acne... just red spots. It also doesn't itch or anything. Any idea what may be causing that? I have never brought it up to my doc and am not scheduled to see him again until December unless I have problems. Any help on these two subjects would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!:)

·
Registered
152 Posts
I used to get swollen lymph nodes under my arm all the time. Very sore. They usually cleared up in a day or two. I did avoid using deoderant while they were present though. This was before I knew there was anything wrong with me though, so perhaps someone else can offer a better answer.

The rash also sounds pretty benign, but I still don't know what I'm talking about :) I would be inclined to trust someone elses insight over mine.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I can't help but thank you for helping me, I just been diagnosed and about one month ago I had a swollen lump under my arm which was so painful I didn't go to the Dr as I thought I had the cancer, I now know what it most likely was as it went down after about a week :)

·
4,445 Posts
Hiya.. had several of these, very painful.... they have been down to a blocked sweat gland, and also as a definite reaction to my deodorant. I now have to use aluminium free..fragrance free etc etc. I have had under both armpits or one at a time, if it hasn't changed and you are concerned go get some medical advice.
Claire X

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.