Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

Does anyone recognize a swollen tongue and swollen feeling inside the throat as being lupus symptoms?

For a week now, I've had difficulty swallowing - it feels like a lump in my throat moves up and down as I swallow. My tongue has swollen up so that it has a fluted edge like a doily from the impression of my teeth and I've bitten it several times in my sleep.

I feel very weary and headachy.

Would be grateful for any advice.

Thanks

Merle

·
Registered
279 Posts
Hi Merle

Ive had the teethmarks down the sides of my tongue and the tip of my tongue was very red and sore. I have sle and other immune disorders. Think the marks down the sides of your tongue has something to do with the spleen not working properly and my sore tip of my tongue is heart problems. So Yes they can tell by your tongue many aspects of health.
Take care
dixy

·
11,405 Posts
Hi Merle,

I think you might need to call or go see your doctor and tell him what you are experiencing. It could be a number of different things.

Hope you get to feeling better soon.
Lyn

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hello Merle,

I agree that you should go and see the doc. It could be lupus related (but it is definitely not normal) or could even be meds related - I presume you haven't started any news meds recently?

Either way, I wouldn't "ignore" it.

hugs,
Katharine

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hi Merle,
Ive had exactly that at times and at the moment have sore tongue that feels swollen and at one time I had what felt like a lump in my throat. I had that investigated at the time and it was never found to be anything serious. I often suffer from sore gums and sore tongue which is like that now. When in a bad flare I had ulcers on my tongue and an irregular shape round the tongue too.
Ive got SLE so I dont know if mine is because of something like mentioned above but I do have similar symptoms to you.
Im sure its best to get it checked out because I dont really know why mine is like that either. Ive been checked for everything under the sun lately and still get strange symptoms so I have to put lots of them down to having Lupus now. Sometimes it helps to know others with Lupus suffer similar things though and your not going mad.
Best to get checked though to rule out some of the things they can test for.
Good luck,
Sal x

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi All

Thanks very much for the advice. I'll phone the doc tomorrow. If the answer adds to our collective knowledge of lupus - I'll post the outcome :p :wink2:

Merle

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
Merle,
If this has been going on for awhile it might be time to think about calling your doctor to see what he can do for you or if it is something to be concerned about at all. I hope you feel better soon.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Please call your doctor! It could be an allergic reaction of some kind! If you have an antihistamine that will not interact with your meds, you might want to see if that helps (it should make some difference if it is allergy related). Let us know what happens...

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Hi Monika
Just to let you know that this thread is over a year old from May last year. It was spammed earlier which brought it back onto the front page.
All the best
Clare

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
I'm going to close this thread....as Clare.T has already kindly pointed out it was bought to everyone's attention by an annoying 'spammer post' which was removed and the culprit banned.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.