1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Pamela b
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI All
Sorry me again.
I was dx Friday with SLe and sjorens.
I am slowly comng to terms with this although I knew for ages that was it but the hope is there that maybe they are right and I am wrong.
I ahve for a while been nauseous and lost my appetite but today I woke feeling really sick, cant eat and forced myself to eat some toast and through it up. My glands in my neck are also up causing pain As always have a bad headache.
I also had a few very small red spots on my leg saturday which have spread and are now around 4 inches cirle.
Do you think this is related at all or do I actually have a virus ?
Feel pretty grim
So very sorry to nag you all you must be sick of me
Pam

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi Pamela,

You could well be right about the shock, then again, it might be the flu or lupus symptoms....

Stress does have a very negative effect on us (some more than others) and can flare lupus symptoms. It could also "just" be the disease.

However, we mustn't always put things down to disease and if your symptoms are not clearing up quickly or are severe then don't hesitate to get in touch with your doc, it could be unrelated or it could be a more serious lupus flare.

And don't worry, questions are normal, we all have them :)

Katharine

·
Pamela b
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Katherine

hI Katherine thanks
I have also started with the stupid cough which I had last year after the pericarditis ( viral of course ) which ended up as pnemonia and with me coughing blood, which I am now told was in fact a big proably a big flare as all the virus tests at that time were actually clear
I have called the said GP who is convinced I am depressed and am waiting a call back. Will probably offer a prescrip for anti depressants ! That was mean !
The system here is :
Call and if you feel ill and would like to see someone that day they get a doc to call you back and they decide if you are sick enough to be seen..............
Mainly you are told it will be a virus and see how it goes

YOu are so kind Katherine as is everyone
Pam

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
Pam,
Glad you know what you have now. It is a shock to learn you have lupus even if you were thinking it all along. The only way to know for sure is to see a doctor to see if it is lupus related or a nasty virus going aroung. If a doctor were to tell me to wait it out and see my reply would be I have already done that, that is why I am now calling you it has been x number of days and it is only getting worse. I am not a good patient as I am not stupid either and run to the doctor with every little ache and pain. It sounds like you have done your best to wait it out and now need some help from the medical community.

I wish you well and do hope that the call do the doctor yeilded more than a wait and see from them. A script is at least a start to feeling a little better. Let us know how it is going with you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts