TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My main complaint is joint pain and chest pain. I was put on MTX three weeks ago and am currently at 10mg/week. Things had been going along OK but then this week, things seem worse with my joint pain. I go back next week to see my rheumy but was wondering if this is normal.

·
11,405 Posts
Hi,
I think you should call your rhumey. Explain all the symptoms you are having and that you need to get in right away.
Chest pain is one of the symptoms that should be reported right away to the doctor.

Please let us know how you are doing. I have been thinking about you a lot. I have been on metho since Jan.
Take care,
Lyn

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Yes, it is normal for it to take up to a few months for the methotrexate to achieve the goal of controlling the inflammation you have. Think of it this way: you built up those inflammatory cells over time, you cannot expect to control them overnight. If you aren't using folic acic with this, you might want to discuss it with your doctor.
I covered a lot of this with a posting I put down under cytotoxic drugs. I have been on mtx for 17 years. It is what has kept me alive.
I wish you well.
Sally

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
I feel that if you can stick with methotrexate you may well be glad.
I found that after three months it had made a big difference. Now, like Sally I am very happy to have it. But do tell your Doc. about your increased symptoms.
x Lola

1 - 4 of 4 Posts