TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, can anyone tell me if they too have alot of hand discomfort ? in the past fortnight both of my hands have been painful and it is quite uncomfortable to grip objects. Is this usual in lupus ? Ali :)

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
i dont know about if its common with lupus but iget it too, lets say i have periods where its there and periods where its cool, it also goes into my wrist and elbows too, great hey grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! :mad:

try using cold bags off peas on it, then heat, i know it sounds daft but thats what i got told, it does help sometimes, other than that you can get gels now to rub on, i have to as i cant take any anti--inflams ...

take care Lin x

·
Registered
647 Posts
Any joint lined with synovium can be affected by lupus, most significantly the hands, wrists, elbows, shoulders, feet and ankles. :eek:uch: Other areas can be affected too, but these are the usual suspects and are common to most of us.

:jab:Be sure to let your rheumy know when this started, and if it doesn't go away in a few days, get in to be seen. You may need to go on a short burst of prednisone to get it to calm down. I occasionaly get wrist pain so bad I have to put my hand in a sling just to protect it from movement.

Although our lupus joint pain isn't quite the same as someone with arthritis, most over the counter remedies for arthritis have worked for me to a certain degree. Muscle rubs (tiger balm, Ben Gay, ect.) and heating pads work well too. Therma Care heat wraps come in sizes for hands now that are the best!

I am sure most everyone here can share with you their own solutions for hand pain. Keep trying until you find something that works for you.

tracy :bunny:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thankyou for the advice. Im due to see my consultant next month so will see what he thinks as well. But i will give the gels etc a go and hopefully that will help. Ali x:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts