The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Has anyone had success in using a TENS machine for muscle pain? I know the subject has come up in a couple of threads before but I couldn't find any where members had used it continuously.

My muscle pain is bothering me alot at the moment so my friend gave me a loan of hers. She stressed that it may take time to find the right settings and I have to agree with her. At first I used quite high frequency pulses which caused me more pain and I couldn't stand it for any more than 5 minutes.

Having read up on it I find that very low pulses over a longer period help the pain but only for a couple of hours. I also read that people tend to give up after a couple of tries but should persevere for optimum benefit.

I'm interested to know if anyone has had a positive experience using TENS.

Hugz, :hug:

Pam xxx

·
Registered
86 Posts
tens

I have a tens unit and it works quite well for me, helps alot, the settings take time to find the right combo, but, once you do it feels wonderful..Good luck........Melissa

·
elisabethm
512 Posts
TENS machine

HI pam i have used a tens for diffrent kinds of muscle pain as mellisa says once you get the right settings for it you will get some benefite when i was using mine i had it on all the time even going out but you have to watch what setting you have it on but give it a try best wishes elizabeth

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Dear Pam

I have had one for like a year now because of arhritis in my neck lower back and other things to.I just love it after like seriously 7years of going to the chiropractor and did very little for me my ortho doctor ordered this for me and it has been A god sent.Mine has liek 5 differant settings and now have found what works for me.I do not think you would regret getting one if you wanted to get one.I do not know what they cost but i got mine through medicare.Hope all is well with you other then the darn back(((hugs))).

Tammy

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all for the replies. :grouphug2:

I bought a TENS machine for myself, not that expensive at £22 with 10 settings. I've found the lowest setting is the best.

I mentioned it to my physio at the hospital this morning when I went for acupuncture and she wasn't against it but urged caution because I'm using it to treat connective tissue inflammation. She was concerned that I may aggravate it. I showed her the points on my body where I applied the pads and she was happy as long as I kept away from the heart and carotid artery.

The only downside is that you can only use it in one place at any time and my discomfort is in my shoulders, arms, buttocks, thighs and knees.

Sounds like I need an industrial TENS machine. :lol:

Hugz,

Pam xxx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts