The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi sorry it's been awhile but hope every one is doing better. I have been taking care of my family putting everyone elses needs first (like everyone else does here), well guys , I've had 3 wake up calls mini strokes. having lupus
diabetties and ect. well you know you don't panic when you get a new pain,
you just go ok this is different and deal with it, but went to the doc and got
my butt chewed ( for good reason) been spaceing my meds, i forget things alot ( don't we all, personaly I blame kids & husband for that hahaha) so doc's orders reduce stress (hahahahaha I've got 13yr old,20 yr old who acts 16, 24yr just sent two afganistan & 42yr old going through mid life can't find job) funny thing next month I go to foot doc for bone spur removal ( they are going to have to wate on me hahahaha.so no matter how tired you are eat when you are suposed to. don't over do things ( we are all guilty of this)
watch your meds. sorry for the lecture but I had give it to someone (my 13yr just rolls her eyes and walks away ):lol:
so please don't make my mistakes, remember it's not selfish to put your health first.
take care,
susan
first

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Haha :lol:

Don't worry about the lecture. I think many of us need reminding from time to time :)

I hope that you will get over this quickly and glad to hear that you have a good butt kicking doc who's looking out for you when you're looking out for everyone else!

Katharine

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
Your post is right on and many of us, including myself, always puts others first.

It is true that you need to put your health first, then the rest can follow.

Hope you feel better.

·
Registered
71 Posts
hi susan, i to had one of those wake up call super bowl sunday.got to ride inthe albulens and everyting speint a lovely week in the hospital.do you know how much it cost to stay a week you could buy a house. but i was doing alot of the same thing you were. and you are so right i do not want any more wake up calls..so i am on a whole new life plan i want to see my grandchildred grow up..thanks for the reminder cause this life change is harder that i thought. you would thing almost kicking the buchket would make it real easy but it is kinda of hard so thanks again, and good luck with those born spurs.. you would think of after 23 yrs of this illiness i would be allitle smarter but this lupus throw new thing at you all the time. i have blabed enough. take care susan 2:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts