The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Marika
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know about most of you , but I am terrible at thinking oh it's not so bad it will go away ect....sometimes I think 'no , this is not right and go to Dr's'

Yesterday I went to the funeral of one of my former pupils...18 yrs old---heart attack....the complete story about 3 months ago, he caught a cold..who doesn't in March...but he couldn't shake it off and it turned to flu...whereby he was bedridden for a while (with real flu only had it once u are)...antibiotics didn't seem to work and he was diagnosed angina pectoris(spl) . His heart was now only working at 30% he was given a pace maker and put on a list for a heart transplant., but last weekend suffered a fatal heart attack. A really fantastic kid , everything going for him, loved sport and was healthy.

A great loss, how often my own kids say oh its only a cold and still go out half naked till 4am ect. I will be much strickter with them in the future, a great shock to everyone in the school.

Hope Allah loooks after you Cem....
Marika

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
What a sad story and such a tragedy for such a young person.

We never know what tomorrow brings so be happy for today.

I am sorry for the loss of your former pupil and I am sure your sad.

I hope you can find peace in knowing that he is not suffering anymore and is flying with the angels.

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
A very sad story Marika and I'm sure quite a shock to his classmates and teachers never mind his family :(

Katharine

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
I was thinking of you yesterday Marika!!

((((Hugs)))) and as Karol says he is now at peace and with the angels!

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Marika,

I am sorry for your loss. What a terrible tragedy. May he rest in peace.

Love,
Sandy

·
11,410 Posts
I think when dealing with lupus, it always gets blamed for everything. You are right we need to stop and think about it and go get it taken care of.

My heart goes out to your pupil's family. Losing a child is one of the hardest things that parents go threw.
Please give them my sympathy. My husband and I understand all to well what it is like to have that happen.

Love & hugs,:grouphug2:
Lyn

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.