·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

Hope your all keeping well,

Was just wondering if anyone has been put on a course of tamiflu,
I have all the flu symptons but as of yet I have no temp,

I think they are just putting me on them as a precaution, have not started them yet until my local clinic opens in the morning.

Take care all,

Marie xx

·
11,409 Posts
Hi Marie,

It is great to see you.:)

I cant answer your question, hopefully someone will come along and reply.

I hope you are well.

Love,
Lyn

·
Administrator
7,566 Posts
Sorry can't answer your question either, but just wanted to say, hope that you feel better soon.

Deb

·
Administrator
10,184 Posts
Hi Marie,

We haven't seen you for a long time. I often wonder how you are doing.

I have never had Tamiflu so I can't help you there. Hope you feel better soon.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
152 Posts
I was on tamiflu once before I was dx with lupus... But I definately had lots of lupus symptoms at the time. It was awesome. Made the flu go away in just a couple days.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello ladies,

Nice to see you all and thank you for your replies,

I was told I cant have tamiflu when someone went to collect it because of the transplant, so I was given relenza and now have been told that I cant have that because of my asthma,and that I can have tamiflu, I have rang my renal unit and no one has got back to me.

To be honest I am feeling better today, but what if it was definately swine, who do I talk to to find out what I can and cant take.

Will let you know if I find out, lol

Take care all

Marie xxxxx

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
Hiya Marie :)

Great to hear from you but sorry you have this worry. I did a bit of searching and found this recent article which you might find of interest

http://www.redorbit.com/news/health...ts_may_benefit_less_from_flu_shots/index.html

I know its not answering your question - its more related to the vaccine and kidney transplants but I thought it might be useful if it turns out you dont have swine flu and need to get vaccinated urgently. It seems people in your situation need additional boosters as they tend to benefit less from the vaccine.

I hope you continue to improve and that its not Swine Flu. Give that Renal Unit a good rollicking in the morning for not ringing you back....

Let us know how you are getting on.

Much love
Joan:rose:

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hi Marie :wavesmile:

:hug: sorry you are battling the flu............I hope that the renal unit can give you some answers quick smart on this.

Take care and nice to see you again, but sorry you aren't well right now :(

love
Lily

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey there,

Happy to say I'm feeling loads better today, :)

Renal did'nt get back to me, which I am very surprised about as normally they would, I'm kind of glad that I did'nt have the tamiflu but it makes you wonder what would happen if you really needed it.

Joan, thanks for that link, makes a lot of sense as you are so highly immunosuppressed after a transplant,

The good thing is that they do reduce the dose as soon as possible and if your lucky enough to be on only two immunosuppressants like myself that definately helps.

Have a great weekend all,

Thanks again for replies,

Marie xxxxx

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Hi Marie :wavey:

Sorry to hear that you have the flu :sneeze: but i am glad to hear that you are starting to improve in the way you feel.

Apart from the flu i really hope that you are keeping well, i haven't been about much recently so i haven't spoken to you for a long time, just wanted to let you know i think about you and hope that you and your brother are still doing well after the transplant.

Hope we can catch up real soon.

Take good care of yourself :hug: Jo :hug:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts