The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wondering why my taste for my favorite FOOD ~ chocolate is gone, well not completely but everything sweet that I eat now since I started the plaquenil, is way to sweet to me. I know I could stand to loose a couple of pounds:lol:, but my chocolate.:rotfl: COME ON.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hi shorty,

I class this as an emergency ;):lol: a serious one at that! I've never heard of a Lupie who doesn't want to consume chocolate in vast quantities.

Seriously though chocolate consumption falling has not been mentioned here before upon starting Plaquenil. But then all things in Lupus are strange :hehe:

Now if it was chocolate consumption falling because of going off Prednisone I could understand, it tends to make us crave sweet stuff. But then I'm not on Pred right now and I still crave sweet stuff so I guess I just blew that theory out of the water.

love
Lily

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
shorty i go through periods where i taste everything sweet too, i dont know why this happens,

i also have times where everything taste metal too. and its yuk
hope it goes soon for you, more so the choch thing :)

Lin xxx

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
lin;509268 said:
shorty i go through periods where i taste everything sweet too, i dont know why this happens,

i also have times where everything taste metal too. and its yuk
hope it goes soon for you, more so the choch thing :)

Lin xxx
I see i'm not the only one, just for a second i thought it was all in my head, sometimes i noticed little things thats changing and think whats next. I'm getting that metal taste too. :hehe: THANKS FOR THE RESPONSE :hehe:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lily;509127 said:
Hi shorty,

I class this as an emergency ;):lol: a serious one at that! I've never heard of a Lupie who doesn't want to consume chocolate in vast quantities.

Seriously though chocolate consumption falling has not been mentioned here before upon starting Plaquenil. But then all things in Lupus are strange :hehe:

Now if it was chocolate consumption falling because of going off Prednisone I could understand, it tends to make us crave sweet stuff. But then I'm not on Pred right now and I still crave sweet stuff so I guess I just blew that theory out of the water.

love
Lily
Thanks, I took your advise and talk to my doctor and she said sometimes your taste buds do change it could be that I have that metal taste because of the plaquenil. :lol::lol:Then she laughed with me and said its not a bad thing for me, of all people to ease up on my chocolate.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts