The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All
My next door neighbour, who we have a lot of contact with, has just been diagnosed with TB. Went to my GP this morning and he just sat a looked at me and said "I don't know what to do with you". What good is that to me when I have gone to him for advice ? Anyway he telephoned the Public Health Department and they have just contacted me to say they want Sputem tests doing, myself, my husband and daughter, but their concern was with me being on Methotrexate and Pred. They have said that it will take 6 weeks before we get the results back, but not to worry as TB is a very slow growing bacteria (not to worry, who are they kidding):hehe:
So will just have to sit out the 6 weeks and hope for the best
Hope all is well with you all

Take care

Meryl x

·
elisabethm
512 Posts
Hi Meryl sorry you have to wiat 6weeks for results it is bad enough when we have to wiat for rhumy results just keep us posted on how you and your family are Best Wishes Elisabeth

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Don't you sometimes wish you could just move into a nice, isolated cave and live quietly without contact with all those virulent people out there? I do, once in a while anyway. Good luck to you and try not to fret too much. And definitely let us know the results when the 6 weeks is up.

Sunny

·
Administrator
10,198 Posts
Hi Meryl,

I hope the test comes out negative for all of you. Six weeks is a long time to be sitting on pins and needles waiting for results. My thoughts will be with you and your family.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Cripes that's really stressful. I hope everything goes well for you all.

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
I hope the tests are negative Meryl!

Take care!

Love Lesley

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi All
Thanks for your replies. Yes Sunny I could do with hibernating, but I believe everything is mapped out for us, so will try not to worry too much over the next six weeks.
Dropped the tests off at the Docs this morning. Getting dizzy now with all the tests going on for different things. Can't remember what life used to be like anymore before SLE (must have been boring):rotfl:
Will keep you informed

Take care all

Love

Meryl x

1 - 7 of 7 Posts