The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay ladies and gents, who likes coffee who likes tea????

I am a huge hot tea fan, I should visit the others in lupie UK for tea time, LOVE IT!!! BUT I have always loved the smell of hot coffee, I will make it for my husband and others when they come over but I never know if its good or not since I don't drink it!! HAHAHA:rotfl:
I even buy coffee scented candles!!:hehe:

But how many people wake up in the morning to a cup of hot tea rather than a cup of hot coffee?

I wake up and usually end the day with a nice hot cup of tea I prefer black tea or english breakfast, I wish I could drink the herbal ones but I can't get past the smell of the brew,

Also plain or with sugar and milk?
I drink mine with sweet and low and a swig of milk!!

Lets have tea!!!:lol:

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I like tea and coffee but it HAS to be coffee first thing. :wacko:

I'm not too busy at work at the moment so I tend to nip along to a coffee shop near my office for a large cappuccino - with 4 shots of espresso and 4 brown sugars! I do need my rocket fuel in the morning.

Around 11am I'll have a cup of cha (tea) - nice and strong, dash of milk with 1 heaped sugar.

Winding down around 3pm I'll go for a peppermint tea.

That's my lot for day. :lol:

Just don't dare even say good morning to me before I've had my rocket fuel.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Hi Laura

me again :rolleyes: what a 'refreshing' thread!! :rolleyes: :hehe:
It gave me a laugh :) & I am looking forward to the replies :)

I love tea!...but only peppermint tea (very refreshing) and also green tea!
no milk or sugar.

I also love the smell of coffee brewing :) but I only drink one cup of coffee a day,helps keep me awake!...and if I eat out I will have a cappuccino or latte.:coffee:
milk & no sugar.

bye for now
karen x :love2:

·
Registered
468 Posts
Hi, well I like neither hot tea or coffee, I love the smell of coffee is it is not too strong. I am a big iced tea fan and diet pop, I know it's not good for me, I also like an occasional Gatorade, not that I am sporty, I just like to tell myself that I am replacing vital electrolytes and vitamins.:hehe: Karly

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
I am a tea drinker. I like coffee, but if I drink is my sleep goes up the whazoo and insomnia walks in the door.

I have an occaisional esspresso when I am out at a cafe for lunch with friends or whatever, but I find that I stop wanting coffee if I don't drink it, so often I have tea even when I am out.

raglet

·
Registered
1,613 Posts

I think that answers your question, i like tea but only drink it once in a blue moon but coffee - i couldn't live without it.

Coffee is the first drink that passes my lips when i get up. I take it with quite alot milk, not too strong but no sugar.

Infact i think all this talk about coffee is making me NEED one, not want one but need one.

Take care :hug: Jo :hug:​

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi Cispence,

Like you, I like the smell of coffee but it makes me really sick so I don't drink it.

So, yep, I drink tea. I used to just drink normal tea, you know the tea bag, floor sweeoing variety :lol: but when I had those really bad heartburn problems I stopped eating bread and stopped drinking tea with caffeine in it.

The only decaffeinated tea you can get here is Earl Grey, so I must say I have got so used to it that I don't like the floor sweepings any more. I'm sure I could drink normal tea again, so long as I keep away from bread, but I really like this one - Yep, I'm having a cup as I write.

Katharine

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
My daughter bought me a sign for my kitchen wall. It reads: "Give me coffee and no one gets hurt"

I think that says it all:p;)

Luv n stuff
Joan:rose:

·
Registered
391 Posts
Hello!

I enjoy both, but I need coffee in the morning. I drink decaf, so it is really just the ritual cup or two that I crave, not the jolt. There is a Starbucks inside the Target I manage, and the baristas always laugh when I get non-fat, decaf lattes. When I come up, they usually ask me if I want the Pointless Latte. :lol:

I like hot tea in the evening when I relax. I go for decaf in tea, too. I usually stick to Rooibos, as I much prefer the taste of red tea over green tea.

Terri

·
Registered
642 Posts
Coffee for me.:)

I only drink fruit teas and with a touch of honey.......lemon and ginger or cranberry at the moment.
Hot chocolate before bed:asleep:
Hubby drinks tea so strong that you can stand the spoon up in it....yeugh

·
elisabethm
512 Posts
Tea

Mines is tea i cant stand the smell of coffee i have at least 10cups a day i take sweetners and milk.Hubby likes coffee with hot milk cant make it for him.Thats my excuse and i am sticking to it:lol: :lol: elisabeth

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Ahh,

For me its got to be tea. And English tea please - ie strong, with lots of milk and sugar.

The Dutch don't get me - here tea is weak and black. I send the waitress back to the kitchen for milk every time:wink2:

Oh, and preferably at least 3 mugfulls...

X C X

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Awesome replies...:) I wish I could have you all over for a cup of your favorite brews and also gatoraide and colas for the ones that don't like the tea or coffee;)

Thanks for the replies and like I said your all welcome to come and share a cup anytime you find yourself in Tx, remember everythings bigger in Tx but since I grew up in Ny its also done faster!!:lol:

·
Registered
553 Posts
Hi Cispence

It does have to be coffee 1st thing, my wonderful hubby makes me one before he goes to work when he knows I have to be up early BLESS! I agree the smell of fresh coffee is yum!

I will admit though I so love a cup of tea not too much milk as it makes me want to :sick: so it ends up down the drain.

Bugsy LOVE the photo maybe I should put it up for all us caffine junkies at work

Claire

·
Registered
631 Posts
Hi cispence

I like both tea and coffee, but my fave has to be a huge cup of earl gray, with sugar and lactose free milk. hmmmmmm yum!!!

BUGSY... That picture really made me laugh!!! :lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts