TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im experiencing this weird sensation and have no clue what is causing it, when i lift somthing or step the tendons in my arms and legs feel like they are being plucked like guitar strings and pain shoots out from the area. like a rubber band being pulled and released. Has any one had this happen.

·
elisabethm
512 Posts
Hi lilirishore I am having that problem at the moment but mines is because of my feet.I have had insoles put in my shoes from the doctor and they are causing the tendons on the back of my legs.But have had it also in my hands when i had the problems in my arm i had an op for tennis elbow and teanosinavitis in my wrist so i had an op for that as well.But my left elbow is now giving me some problems Hope his helps Elisabeth

·
Registered
66 Posts
Sorry you’re not feeling well, tendon pain is horrible. I to have tendon problems in both feet, the palms of my hands and the right knee. I have been told that the Lupus attacks these connective tissues and the tendon loses the ability to slide properly. It is like a rubber band, stretches and contracts and when it can do that because of inflammation it is very painful. When the tendon is fibrosed and needs to stretch it cant because of scar tissue from micro-tears and then it rips as it tries to stretch. I have been told rest is the best thing for it. However, you can’t rest these areas that are affected because you need to be able to move about and they move too. I have been resting my tendons for 1 year now and I am still no better off. I hope you get to feeling better soon! Motrin, ibuprophen does help a bit, it decreases the inflamation and also acts as a pain relief.
Stacie

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
Hi there, just wanted to say that I have had it, but only while I am in a flare. I havent a clue what causes it. Sorry I can't be of more help.
Be well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts