The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I just wanted to say thank you to you all. After my last post the GP finally came out to see me!!! As you all know I wasnt getting anywhere, waas taking brufen for the pain and that was it. Any how, the GP (not a locum) finally got his teeth into me (not literally). I ended up in hospital on Prednisolone, omeprazole and DF118 - at last I started to feel better. Im under no illusion and that this is temporary untill long term meds get started but at last now I feel something is happening. Im sorry I cant remember which one of you told me to 'impress' on the GP how bad I was feeling - I did - it worked.
So I just wanted to say thanks to you all - this site has been the one defining place for me to start to heal. God bless you all.

K:):)

·
elisabethm
512 Posts
Hi i am so glad that you have gotten some where it is good when they finally get you on the right medication.Long may it continue Best Wishes to you Eisabeth

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
WELL DONE YOU!!!

Yep, a little complaining goes a long way... as you say, it is not "the" solution but it is a huge start when you have a GP that takes you seriously and helps you fight for what you need.

I have found that I've had a lot of ups and downs over the last few years but knowing that I'm not alone fighting this (medically I mean) makes a HUGE difference.

hugs :hug:
Katharine

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
Mrssad,
I am glad that the doctor finally did listen to you. Sometimes it takes force for them to see it is real pain and that something has to be done. The hospital is no fun but neither is being sick all the time. I hope that you stay feeling well but as you have said you know it for good. Just always keep in mind that it is your body and you pay them to listen to you and find out what is going on with you just like any other service.

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
Hi there

Im really pleased that you got through to your GP at last! Well done! You obviously made an impression. Im sorry you ended up in hospital though :hugbetter: but, as you say, at least things are starting to move in the right direction for you now and hopefully soon you can begin appropriate treatment which will help you feel better.

Rest up

Joan:rose:

·
4,435 Posts
whoopee... at least you can get on now with a bit of healing... glad you are feeling a little more positive.:)
Claire X

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Isn't it nice when the MD finally decides to listen to what we say and really hear our complaints.:wink2::wink2::wink2:

So happy that you made some head way and I hope you continue feeling better.

Sorry about being in the hospital and hope you don't have to make that trip again for a very long time.:wink2:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts