The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all,

firstly just wanted to thank you all for your ongoing support, you have been amazing in helping me come through this difficult period, i dont know what i would have done if i hadnt been able to come here.

Just wondered if i could ask a few questions, on friday, my gp said the rhumie said i had mild lupus, but i have had vascullitic rash on lower legs (and still have monthly flares) and swollen glands and constant sore throats. I have also had pains all over body as well as the usual aches and soreness. My blood results apparantly said there was no organ involment, my ana and ssa was positive and my HEP2T was homogenous with high titire? All others ie ssb, anti dsDNA, sm scl70, rnp jo-1 were negative? could anyone shed any light on these? Still waiting to start plaquinil as need to have an eye test first??

many thanks annie xxxxxxx;)

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi Annie,

I can't shed much light on blood tests. They are generally far too difficult for common mortals to understand :lol:

However, the term "mild" lupus simply means no organ involvement (other than skin) and is no indication of how awful you feel. I think most here would agree the term should be banned. There is nothing mild about the symptoms of mild lupus.

sorry, got to dash, hope that helps a bit,
Katharine

·
Registered
468 Posts
I agree totally with Katherine, the blood tests are incomprehensable and mild luous does not mean that you don't feel just awful, just that besides the skin there is no organ involvement. I think mild should not be associated with lupus in any way, nothing I have ever experienced is mild with this disease. take care.

·
Registered
368 Posts
:sad: How frustrating! Waiting for a diagnosis! I thought anti-smith DNA was definitive for lupus. (Could be wrong) Maybe you have a different connective tissue disease. Ask MD what the labs mean, that's their job! Cathy

·
Registered
300 Posts
Hi Annie,

It is near impossible to interpret blood results, but I have used the following site on occasion to clarify things. Not to diagnose anything, just to help explain things a little better! http://www.labtestsonline.org/index.html

The eye test is just to get a base lineon your eyes, because Plaq can sometimes effect the eye and cause damage if not monitored properly, although its rare.

It sounds like your doctors are staying on top of things. I hope you begin to feel better soon and are feeling a little more comfortable with your diagnosis and treatment.

Sharon

1 - 5 of 5 Posts