The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I was diagnosed in May 2007, at the age of 54, but have been lurking on here for about 20 months. I should like to thank everyone connected to the site for keeping me sane during that time!!

I have never joined any site before but feel I would benefit, and if possible I would like to contribute something to other people - as I have been helped so much by your discussions.

M

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
Hi there M

Welcome to the Forum :) Its a nerve wracking experience joining a forum for the first time. My first Forum to join was The Lupus Site and I went into the chat room that first night. I met some lovely people there and it was a huge eye opener for me to know that there was this whole world out there with people who were just so nice and friendly and helpful. I've never looked back :)

It's really nice to hear how you have been helped by the discussions on the board. Im sure there are so many others like yourself who have been helped but who never actually registered as a member.

How does your Lupus affect you? I hope you are under the care of a good Rheumatologist?

Welcome again and I look forward to getting to know you. Feel free to jump in anywhere.:)

Luv n stuff
Joan:rose:

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Hi Phlox and so glad you decided to join us.

Joan is right, it can be scary but once your in and get to know the people here you really never do look back.

Through forums, some of my best friends are people I have never met.:wink2:

There is friendship, laughter, love, support, compassion and knowledge from the very kind and lovable people here at the Lupus Site.

Kick your shoes off and jump in with both feet. I promise that you will love it here.:wink2::wink2::wink2:

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Hello M,
How funny, you must feel like you already know us well.
I love Cornwall. Sadly, I don't travel very well and can't get there as often as I would like. Last time was 2 or 3 years ago.

Lovely to have you with us,
x Lola

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
Phlox,

Welcome and what took you so long to joint in? Ok now you know this is a good site and that we get a little crazy here. I am very glad that you have decided to joint and post your thoughts with us. Hope to see you around in the chat room and in the posts.

Tammy

·
Registered
27 Posts
Welcome, Phlox from a Lupie from just over the Tamar.

This site really is a special place full of supportive, informative people from whom I have learnt such a lot.
-I work in North Cornwall so I can't resist asking "where be you to then?"!

Freya

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I live in SE Cornwall, just over the Tamar and near Bodmin Moor! I didn't reply before because I was on a roller coaster of treatment, and had quite severe depression. Horrible!!
I was not really interested in doing anything active (mental or physical) and didn't think I had much to contribute anywhere. Thank God for antidepressants and an excellent GP.
I had been ill on and off for about 30 years. I think I should go to Introduce Myself!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts