The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after posting on here the following day I was taken into hospital, the cellcept has caused tachycardia and they needed to check things out. I got home yesterday and cannot take cellcept again the tachycardia is getting better down to resting pulse of 85 and just have to take it easy until it returns to normal and stay on the beta blockers until I go back to clinic on 24th july. If things have settled then Im being put on thalidomide dont know how I feel about it yet too tired to think about anything much.
Thanks for all the support means alot.
katie:)

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Hello Katie
I'm sorry to hear about the Cellcept problems. Maybe when the tachycardia settles down you can take it a lower dose

Previous thread on the topic link
http://www.thelupussite.com/forum/showthread.php?t=70651.

I wonder why they are considering Thalidomide. I have never heard of it being used for SLE, only skin lupus that hasn't responded to other treatments. In fact I can't find any reference to its use in for systemic lupus.
If you need any info about Thalidomide please ask. I think I am the only active member who has taken it; that was for SCLE, and along with my antimalarials.

Best of Luck
Clare

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They are going to give me thalidomide because i have subacute cunataneous lupus as well as sle, my skin keep erupting and every anti rejection drugs they have tried and the 5 years of methotrexate hasnt halted it and now the problem with cellcept. The dermatoligist says this is the only drug left to try that might work so going on it 24th july.
How do you find taking it?
Katie

1 - 3 of 3 Posts