TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
;) just a quick note to say thanks to every one who replyd to my post ,"not something else", I was felling very down when i wrote that and it was nice to get some support.After reading a book about fibromyaliga it was a real eye opener,it gave me the courage to seek more help from my family.I was also glad to read that there was such a thing as FOGGY BRAIN, as i was begining to think i was going mad.It is so frusterating not being able to think of simple words and having to ask your kids to help you say what you mean.Allso that word slurring is a part of the illness and i must be aware of my bodys needs at all times.Even though the book wasnot as up to date as the internet it has helped me a lot, just a shame the same cant be said foe my spelling.:wink2:

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
While all these things can be due to lupus or fibro, if they are new and/or sudden onset or suddenly worse then be sure to mention them to your doctor. Word slurring for instance, can also have more serious reasons such as a stroke or mini-stroke. Likewise with trouble finding words and difficulty speaking. Always better to be safe than sorry & not just assume it's due to brain fog or an already diagnosed condition.

That said, most all of us recognize the brain fog symptom- we've had some very funny posts in the past where we share our worst brain fog stories! ;)

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
Red Dragon,
It is wonderful to see that you are learning more and more about what is going on with you and you seem to be getting a handle on what you can control and can not. It is great that you have help to see you through it like your children. Make a game of it and it is a lot of fun for all. It is like were is waldo but what word do I need lol. Ok maybe not so much fun for you. Anytime you need us we are here and will try to help you if we can. Glad to see that you are feeling a little better.

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Dear Red Dragon, it is lovely to see you here. The spelling is not a problem.
We all know what you mean! MY BIG PROBLEM IS CLUMSY FINGERS SO i OFTEN HIT THE caps lock and look like I am shouting. (I genuinely just did that, so ;eft it uncorrected to give you a giggle_ ) I usually spend a lot of time correcting my work!
x Lola

PS I use a different User name on this site and another and you would be surprised how hard I struggle to even get my own name right!

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Hi Red Dragon and I am sooooooo happy to see you back and posting but most importantly feeling better.

Oh yes, and for the spelling.........no problem. I failed spelling in 5th grade and never advanced from there.:lol::lol::lol:

We all get the brain fog, cognitive stuff so please do not feel the need to apologize. We all understand what you mean. I had to laugh at LolaLola saying she does not remember her name sometime......YUP, been there and done that too.

Life is just grand!!!!!:p:p:p

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:lol: thanks for that, am still feeling tired and a little down bt not to bad.At the moment we are sorting out a house move back to england so am a little stressed so that not helping. but my eldest son[15] is a tower of strenth and is allways telling me to rest and let him do stuff, wot an angel [he would kill me if he knew i'd just said that.Hope you are all well.:wink2:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts