TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, she is back and seems to be doing fine. She is still just at her desk but that will end in about a week and a half. I about fell from a standing position tonight when she was leaving, she said " I am back now and appreicate all you have done to keep things going here, we need to focus very soon on finding the hours that work best for you so I don't loose my best employee and one of my best friends. By the way the corp. office is sending you a check for a 150.00 for all you did last week. I won't need the doctors note as I emailed a letter to the corp. office today that we are going to do whatever it take to make you comfortable and keep you working to pay the bills." For those of you that have been keeping up with this, can pick yourselves up off the floor now. I am not sure if she was high on her pain pills or if this was for real lol. Those of you vets can you tell me if this is real or am I just having a selfish dream with my eyes open? She even said that all the other employees were better than they have ever been. She is not sure what I did to them but everyone was doing their jobs and helping out each other and welcoming her back and saying if it was too soon that I would be ok for another 2 weeks. She was a little disappointed that her desk was cleaned off and that she had very little to do the first day back (which was yesterday). Todd ( which is my boss' boss talked to her yesterday and wanted her to offer me a position going around to hotels whipping them back into shape) to which she said no for me. She told him that this has taken a toll on me and my body and that she promised me time off when she comes back and asked if she can make it paid leave, to which he said he would talk to the owner of the company but he is saying YES. Ok well it all made me feel good for about 10 minutes and then it hit me just how tired I really was. I did not even eat today and I remembered that when I got home tonight, no worries ladies I had my favor peanutbutter sandwich and milk. Ok not the healthiest but something in my stomache. I am sorry for this being so long but just don't know what to make of it. I hope all of you are doing well and feeling well also.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
OK, who switched your boss out and replaced her with a robot? Nice compliment that you would be useful corp wide, but you do NOT want to hop that train. Just what you need to add jet lag in to the mix. :)

I'm glad you have a light at the end of this tunnel and can look forward to some good time off to r & r. Too bad you can't get this weekend off for some serious pampering.

I'm glad for you that you are getting the respect you deserve for picking up the pieces and getting people to work well together. Team work makes for a much more pleasant work environment and when people are respected, they don't have a lot of back biting. A job well done.
Sally

·
4,430 Posts
HI Tammy,,, I wonder if she sneaked onto this forum whilst she was off ??? Might be the thing to give her some insight....:lol:

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Well Tammy I am so glad that the boss lady recognized all you did while she was gone and I am happy you will be compensated for it to. What a nice Mothers day gift huh!!!:wink2::wink2::wink2:

I do hope moving ahead that you now can take some time to relax and throw up your feet...............only with the fuzzy purple slippers on though.:lol::lol:

Let us know how you get along.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Tammy:

Maybe a fairy godmother or ghosts visited her while she was sleeping and fixed her good?

Take it for what it is, don't look a gift horse in the mouth. Keep your nose clean and hope for the best!

Glad you don't have to fix the whole place...toooooo much pressure.

Stephanie

·
Registered
553 Posts
Hey Tammy that is great news. Maybe she had a personality transplant whilst she was off, or maybe she had a taste of the nasty fatigue we suffer with constantly.

It sounds so promising and I hope that all works out for you.... please keep us updated

take care
Claire xx

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have to admit you all made me laugh so hard my side hurt. I was wondering about that transplant thing myself. Karol you are not to share the purple slippers with the world lol lol. I still have them they are my favorite. I am going to keep my nose clean, take my time of, sit in my air and watch some movies on my new futon ( which is a queen size memory foam mattress that is so relaxing I want to fall asleep), and veg out on my wonderful chicken pasta salad that I make. I case you would like the recipe I will post it. As for the co-workers after the first week she was gone I told them that I have a stack of blank write up forms don't make me use them. As you all know this has not been a cake walk for me, long hard hours and not being able to be here everyday, I missed it so much. I hope she did sneak around the site and see that we have a lot of fun here and that the pain is real. I think it helped when I told her not to whine it is only pain and it will go away. That is what she said to me not long after I started and I think it home with her. I could not of done any of it without all and I mean all of you on the site. You let me get things out and post some of the things that bothered me that I could not of told other people. With that said THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR BEING HERE FOR ME!!! Your all a blessing and so is the site for anyone with lupus or a chronic disease. Be well and feel well as often as you can.

·
11,405 Posts
:woohoo:Tammy,

Now go get some sleep and relax. You deserve it!
Love,
Lyn

1 - 9 of 9 Posts