The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the Halloween stuff starting to show it's haunted faces, it occurs to me that this will be the first holiday season not having my mom....and I am dreading it. She loved the holidays so much - all of them! I decorated her room for Halloween and drew scary things on her window with window paint. The same for Thanksgiving and then for Christmas, I would pretty much pack up her entire room and and Christmas would explode there. Just the thought of the holidays is making miss her so much.

This year, I will have to go through all of our (hers and mine) Christmas stuff and combine it. I'm sort of wondering if maybe they will let me put a small tree up in the nursing home in her honor for Christmas...I dunno. I'm just going to feel so lost without her there. I do feel lost without her here.

·
Premium Member
7,567 Posts
(((((( Melissar )))))) Sending cyber hugs your way.:hugbetter:

It must be very tough for you. I hope you have some friends or family who can support you through this difficult time. 7 months is still quite early on in the grieving process. Your mom was such a huge part of your life it is only natural to miss her. Take one day at a time.

Thinking of you.

Debx

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Dearest Melissa,

Loosing your mom is extremely hard as I am sure the up coming holidays will be for you too. I think if you contact the nursing home they may appreciate you putting up a tree in honor of your mom, a place where her old friends can go to honor her as well.

I know the holidays were tough for me after the loss of my father, but a mom to a daughter is a special relationship. Hold her memories close to your heart and know that she is with you in spirit.

As for her Christmas decorations, I think in a way your lucky to be able to have some of them to place in your home and think of her as well.

Sending you cyber hugs in hopes that the holidays will not be too hard on you and come here if you need to talk, cry, whatever. We are here for you.

·
florie
589 Posts
So sorry about the loss of your mom. With the coming holidays makes it harder.
I lost my dad 2days after x-mas so it's hard for me when the holidays come around. i am already getting anxiety from it. Its been 7years now but it stays with you. Try to keep all the good memories and i agree also about putting up a tree in the nursing home for her friends to remember her.
Come and chat when you need to talk.
hugs,florie

·
11,410 Posts
Melissa,

I fully understand where you are coming from.:hug:
Holidays, birthdays, that certain number of the month when everything happened.

Putting a tree up in the home where your mom lived is a good idea. I have a feeling that they will let you.

Take care of yourself,
Lyn

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the hugs and support. The residents and staff always loved her room at Christmas time and would come to see it. I will have to do something, it just wouldn't seem like Christmas not to. Though I heard her roommate has passed away also, and her favorite nurse has left and gone some where else.

She has this book for Halloween, when you open the cover, it plays Monster Mash and has all of these dancing gouls and spiders in it. She loved that silly book! I think I put two sets of batteries in it last year! LOL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.