The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm sorry I haven't been reading and posting for several weeks now. The Cytoxan seems to be helping and I am slowly getting my energy back and the overall joint pain is receding. However my fingers have been in greater pain than they have been for the past 5 years. My right thumb and pinkie are the worst part. I don't know how long it will be till they start improving and I can't imagine that it is the chemo infusions that are causing this problem. I hope to discuss it again this Wednesday when I have my next infusion and see my Rheumatologist.

I hope to be back around again real soon.

Take care,
Karen

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Dear Karen

I sure am glad to read that your joint pain is getting better anyway from the cytoxan.It really does stink when the hands hurt ((hugs))especially when we use them in everything we do.I sure hope they figure out and soon what is going on with your fingers(hugs).I am having such a horrible pain in the back of my hands and my fingers get so tight quite a bit so i do have an idea anyway of what you are going thoruhg.You have been through so much pain and other things for quite awhile.

You sure are missed very much so.Please take care of yourself and let us know how you are doing((((hugs)))).

Tammy

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Thinking about you Karen and hope things improve for you soon. Goodness knows you deserve it.

Luv'n'hugz, :hug:

Pam xxx

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Hi Karen,

So glad the chemo is working for you... I am sure you are releived and glad that you are starting to feel somewhat better.. .I hope it continues to work and you get better each day...

Sending you a :flowery: because when we are sick flowers make us feel better... Take care

Love Penny

·
11,410 Posts
Hi Karen,

You have been missed. It is good to hear that your chemo is beginning to help you. I hope your hands start to feel better soon.:hug:

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Love,
Lyn

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
(((((((((Karen)))))))) :hugbetter: I was just thinking about you and wondering how it was going :hug:

I'm glad that overall it is helping but not glad that your hands still hurt so much :( :( :hissy: that's just incredibly frustrating because we use them for so much in our lives.

I'm sending extra soft gentle lupie hugs that the next few weeks sees you continuing to improve, look after yourself.

lotsa love
Lily

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
Dear Karen

Thanks for posting and letting us know how you are. It must be so frustrating for you knowing that some things seem to be righting themselves and yet your pain has increased in the fingers. :hugbetter:

I hope your Rheumatologist can throw some light on it. Maybe you should have your hands xrayed to see if there is any joint damage causing the increase in pain? When my fingers get painful I find the wrist splints help. Im not sure they are actually doing anything for the underlying cause but the fact that my fingers are less flexible and usable with the splints seems to help reduce the pain. The splints are a pain in the butt though because they do prevent you from just 'doing' things with your hands without having to think first.:rolleyes:

I hope you get something sorted soon. I know you love to quilt and it must be very difficult for you.

Luv n stuff
Joan:rose:

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Dear Karen

It's good to know that the Cytoxan seems to be helping in general. I hope your doctor can come up with some bright ideas to relieve those fingers.
All your friends here miss you lots and we continue to hope and pray for your wellbeing.

Love
Clare

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi,

I really hope things improve soon for you,
hugs,
Katharine

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
The sore hands doesn't make much sense to me if the rest of you is feeling better, but then when does lupus ever make sense.

I am thrilled to hear that you are feeling better, though I am always totally amazed to hear that cytoxan gives people more energy (it always just makes me exhausted and sick as a dog).

Hope your rheumie comes up with a magic pill to take all the pain away

hugs

raglet

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Hey Karen,

I am new here so nice to meet you.

I am glad the Cytoxin is helping you.

Hopefully on Wednesdays appt. they can figure out the finger issues and get it straightened out for you.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
It's so good to hear from you again - so thank you for coming and posting to let us know how things are despite those painful fingers.

Thinking of you... (((Karen)))

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Karen, I'm glad to hear you're feeling a bit better, but sorry to hear about the pain in your hands. I know you're bitten with the quilting bug now, and hand pain makes that hard. Keep us posted about your continuing progress and that the dr. says. In the meantime, hope you keep on feeling better and better.

Sunny

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Karen,:hug:
You have been missed!! I am glad that overall you are feeling better, but am sorry about your fingers-Drat!

I am just so glad you are getting your energy back!! Let us know what your rheumy says!!

Hugs,
becca

·
Registered
117 Posts
Hi Karen!

What are those infusions like and what are the symptoms. I'm in the process of getting that started soon. My doctors are discussing it? Me scared! :sad:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts