TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
It has been a long time, it seems like a life time of all the work I have been doing. I am really getting waren out. The good news is that the boss is coming to take back her paperwork on Monday. The front desk super's wife is recovering nicely, and the exec. housekeeper is looking at surgery for her shoulder that she hurt in a car accident in january of this year. In the mean time I have been able to hold my own but I am really getting tired so I really hope they all don't get that swine flu as much longer and I will not able to help them out lol. It is coming to an end and I am beginning to be able to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I have been living on ultram and sleep. The one thing I can say is that I have been able to sleep like 4 hours up for a couple and back to sleep no problem even falling asleep. I really hope that it does not sound like I am whining as that was not what I wanted to do. I wanted to let you all know that we are stronger than we think we are but it does come with a price to our body. Yes it has been hard but I did not let anyone down yet and that includes myself, so that does make me happy to know that. When things do calm down I will need the extra rest just to relax the body and give all the medicine a chance to work again as it should if it is going to. I have been on it since December and not much has changed for me as far as the lupus and the symptoms. I am still alive and doing ok and just wanted you all to know that. I do hope that you are all doing well and feeling better with the break in the weather that some of us are enjoying. Hope to chat with a few of you over the weekend to see if I can help any of you with anything.

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hey Tammy :)

Do try and rest as much as you can. You might end up paying for that crazy rhythm more than you think.

I know we can do more than we think at times. I had to in December last year for ten days but I paid for it with a good three month flare. Not meaning to be pessimistic here but you do obviously tend to push yourself beyond limits that you know you shouldn't go beyond.

hugs :hug:
Katharine

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
katharine,
Thank you for the advice and I will try to watch what I am doing, Thanks for the concern as I have not really had time to consider what all is going on at the moment. I have been watching for signs of flares but so far just a lot of joint pain, back pain, and the lovely heavy legs lol . I have to be honest will be happy when it is all over and can go back to working 3 days a week and maybe 4 if I feel like it. I hope you are well and doing well katharine.

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Tammy I am so glad the end of this ordeal is in sight and sincerely hope that you will be able to avoid such an endurance test in future. I feel exhausted just reading about it. I do hope you can have a few days off to rest up and regroup.
Here's to better times and better health
Many hugs
Clare

1 - 4 of 4 Posts