TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I do hope you are all doing well and getting along fine. I have been doing that marathon of work hours lol. I have really been tired and been sleeping when I am not working lately. I have 2 weeks down and counting. My boss is doing very well from her surgery. I took her flowers, balloons, a card, and some crossword books to the hospital the day after her surgery. She was doing well. I also took her to the doctor appointment this past monday and she got the staples tooken out. She talked to her doctor and she said if she keeps doing as well as she has been she will let her come back to do work at her desk on the 30th of april. That is good news for me as she will take back a lot of her duties as general manager that I have been doing on top of the 48 hours this week (one of the days was a 12 hour day). In the mist of the surgery my front office manager's wife had to have surgery on wednesday and we had the head housekeeper go to a funeral wednesday. If this was not bad enough I had a QA inspection on you guessed it WEDNESDAY :rotfl:. It was crazy and much to my surprise we did very very well with the inspection. My boss's boss called me in a panic as he just learned we were being inspected. I told him it was over and he was writing the findings up right now. He asked if he needed to come down and I just laughed and asked for what? Mind you I am not in charge the front office manager is but yet they are all still coming to me (including him) and all still depending on me for all the answers. I guess you are all wondering how I am doing? So far so good other than pain and fatigue. I did have to call the rhuemy on yes wednesday and ask if I can up the ultram and he said of course or he could give me darvaset of which I said no. He said under the conditions I am working with right now take one every 3 hours while at work and at home up moving around. If I am sleeping okay then it is okay to miss some at night but to keep bottled water by my bed and the pills so I don't have to get up to take them. I have noticed that my joints are popping more than they did before. I guess that is from doing like 5 peoples jobs. My boss did ask me if I could come tuesday to clean and do some laundry for her and of course I said yes thinking I could change shifts with someone but no luck so I guess it will be like a 15 hour day on tuesday. I am sorry that I have not been able to post advise everyday like I have been and I miss chatting with all of you. I just have to hang in there till the end of the month right. I do hope that you all have a wonderful fun filled Easter and remember to stay out of the sun.

·
Administrator
10,167 Posts
Hi Tammy,

Obviously the doctor's letter made no difference because you are still working these crazy hours. When your boss gets back I suggest you and your boss have a visit with HR to get the situation squared away.

The nerve of her to ask you to clean and do laundry for her when she knows how poorly you feel. It is beyond being insensitive. There has to be someone else that could help her out. If not let her hire someone. During the little time off you have you should be taking care of yourself.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
11,405 Posts
Hi Tammy,
I have been wondering all week how you were doing.

I do have to agree with Lazylegs about your boss. From the sounds of it your boss doesn't have an ounce of compassion in her. I think I would call her and tell her you are not feeling well to clean for her.

Love,
Lyn

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Hi Tammy,
Add me in on the concept that your boss is being an insensitive, and demanding brat.

Cancel doing her house on Tuesday. She will use this against you in dealing with HR. She will say that you worked a full shift, and then had energy to come and do her house and still go to work the next day. Therefore, you can't possibly be as ill as you and your doctor say you are. Don't trust her. Yes, I am cynical. I've been down a similar road and this one has my alarm bells clanging.

Let her HIRE someone to do the dirty work. She wants her house clean, let her find someone else, hire, to do it.
Sally

·
Registered
289 Posts
Hi Tammy

I'm new here and was trying to work out from your post what exactly your job is - without success. You are clearly a very wonderful, loyal and hardworking lady, on whom everyone depends. However, like everyone else, your only responsibility is to yourself. If you don't look after yourself - clearly, nobody else will. Please, please, please learn to say no.

Take care

Merle

·
Administrator
7,565 Posts
Tammy, I cannot believe your boss had the nerve to ask you to do her cleaning and laundry, or that you are taking her to doctors appt when she is so unsupportive of you. You are such a kind, generous person. I have to agree with the others and say you have to put yourself first. Also Sallys advice seems well worth considering. Be careful, Tammy. I hope that you manage to get some rest.

Take care

Deb

·
Registered
467 Posts
tammy

i bow to your endurance :bow::bow::bow:and your patience. i could not even imagine working that many hours and to go bring her flowers, cards and a post-op appointment...you're a better woman than i...

please take care of yourself and get these hours worked out with the HR department

your boss should be giving YOU the flowers ... :foryou:

hugs and kisses

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I thank you all for your concern and advise. It is worth more than you will know. You all brought a smile to my face (did not know I could still smile after the week that I had but you did it yet again). I am being very careful as my daughter is going to go and clean the house she could use the money I am just there to make sure that it is done right. She does not know that yet but she will and either she will let her do it or we will get to come home early either way is fine with me. I had thought of the hr thing and many of you must of been reading my mind. As far as here using it against me and the doctor statement she can't as even her boss is checking on me daily and is seeing that I am very tired and knows that this is a limited thing for me. He keeps telling me to please try and hang in there it is not much longer now. He has also said that he will make this right with me and make sure that my hours are adjust by May. Oh and I forgot the most important thing He sent me flowers on Wednesday but I forgot them at work of all things to do. I guess from what I have been told he has never done this for anyone.
Merle, I work at a hotel, front desk. I know it sound like a nice job but the word desk is not really what it is. I am never at the desk only to check people in. I do load after load of laundry and am the one that brings everything people want to them as I work a shift that I am the only one there.
I hope you are all doing well and feeling well as some of you have me worried. I Hope you all have a fun filled Easter and a pain free one.

·
Pollianna
485 Posts
:eek:, nearly spat my tea out when I read all this Tammy. I thought you were sorting out the hrs so you didn't have to do all of this? really confused here , nothin new there lol

I think the boss is a right tryer who is taking advantage of you. This behaviour sheds a lil light on how you got in the situation in the first place. You sound so goodhearted Tammy but we need to learn who to be good to in this life. Some people will suck the marrow from yr bones .

Hope yr holding up and it's all over soon xxx

1 - 9 of 9 Posts