The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:( Not much here. I used to enjoy the crazy idea that it was just me and the judging panel doing the first auditions. Too many of the acts played to the audience inviting " sing along" and exhibitionism and the backings covered mistakes and not so good singing. Worst of all, it seems we now have to endure two whole endless excruciating minutes of tuneless stone deaf caterwauling instead of Simon bringing it to a merciful end after a couple of bars :(

I suspect the delusional but shy will be put off, leaving the even more delusional braving the live audience, and the talented more modest types will be put off too.
That's my grump for today !

Clare

·
Registered
642 Posts
Hi Clare,
I agree. We now know that this is not the first-line audition.
In other words the hopelessly deluded are put on to this stage for the entertainment value.
This feels too much like baiting the village idiot to me and too cruel to be funny any more.

I'm giving it a miss this year................roll on Strictly Come Dancing:)

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have to agree with you guys, I DVD'd it last night to avoid the ads, have watched 10 minutes of it, and deleted it. I have followed X-Factor before and enjoyed it, but hate this new format, and the deluded entrants just made me cringe, and I dont like that they are as has been stated, shown just for a laugh, and that trait is not nice, as some of these folk may be dreadfully upset by the rejection.

I am afraid that since Leona Lewis won, there for my money, simply will not be an act that can follow that, she blew me away from audition day to winning, and I am huge huge fan.

I am also boycotting Strictly because of all the shannanigans with Arlene, and I believe the format for this show is also changing, and I felt some very dubious results last series.

Back to my radio or book on Saturday evenings then, or better, watching my DVD's of House MD!

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
I have not watched it Clare but after your post here I must make the time to turn it on. It seems like it will be a free comdey show of sorts.:lol::lol::lol:

I love American Idol and never miss a show. I don't even answer my phone when Idol is on and everyone knows not to call during that time.

As for Simon, he is quick witted and sarcastic, I just love that yet he can be very rude and obnoxious too............that I am not impressed by.

When does the X Factor come on, any idea what time is airs on TV?

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
i watched it last night and again tonight :lol:and if i had a teacher like him i would have stayed there :lol: he was good lol

Lin xx:hehe:

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
Hiya Clare :)

I have to say I was sorely disappointed with the new format as well :(

The last singer had full backing female chorus vocals as well as the music :rolleyes: It was more like a full scale entertainment programme than an audition. I was also cringing at some of the terrible acts they put through to the stage. I for one wont be setting my mobile phone alarm to remind me its on each Saturday

Shame too - cos I normally love the series..

Luv n stuff
Joan:rose:

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
I taped it last night and I'm watching it now and all I have to say is YAWN! I usually love x-factor, but the live audience is not doing it for me.

I much preferred the bare audition room and the lack of accompaniment for the singers. It all feels very contrived and just plain mean to the bad singers.

Oh well I'm sure that the producers of x-factor aren't losing sleep over my opinion!

Take care, Nellie

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.