TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy,
The following is a copy of an e-mail I sent to my niece who has MS. It is self-explanatory.

Howdy,
I can't think of anyone else who would understand this.
I screwed up my pills last Saturday. Bad pain much of the week, muscles fighting one another. etc. Lots of etc. Cane used pretty much all the time. Little errands with Kathryn this morning was challenging. However....
I checked the lane and found only two places still covered in ice and snow but I *needed* to ride! And did. Some nasty (OK, terrifying) slipping sloppily sideways but made it out and rode pain-free for forty glorious kms. Saw mallards, Canada geese and a bald eagle! Made it home, to bed and Zzzz. (I call them "siestas" not "naps".) Then off for a walk (mistake #983 for the week) and I only barely made it home. Now waiting and resting to get enough energy to go back to bed!
Please do not call; I shall be Zzzzing again.
Autoimmune diseases are the biological equivalent of a roller coaster ride. In a tornado. Standing up. On one leg. With a nail in that foot.
I am reminded of a conversation on "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" between Buffy, who was recently magically resuscitated, and a girl who had been restored form a curse that had turned her into a rodent.
Buffy: How have you been?
Girl: Rat. You?
Buffy: Dead.
Girl: Mmmm.

So, How have you been?

Luv,
D.

Hoping you are all feeling as I did riding. And that none of you is feeling the way I did this morning or am now.
"Confused" doesn't begin to cover it!:worried::):mad:

Douglas+

·
Lisa_S
441 Posts
Thanks for that Douglas - The Buffy reference especially, I miss that show!

I know what you're saying about the weather. I'm also in Calgary, and it's hard to resist the first really nice days of spring. Especially since I hear we're back to winter on Sunday..

Hope you're feeling better soon!

Lisa

·
11,405 Posts
Hi Douglas,

Autoimmune diseases are the biological equivalent of a roller coaster ride. In a tornado

That is a great description.:)

Lyn

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Stop the ride I want to get off!!!!!

Oesa, I just had my daughter down last weekend staying here with a fellow nurse who is on exchange from Calgary :)

love
Lily

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Excellent Douglas :) :)

These last few days, the weather has finally turned to spring here and yes, if only I could ride (only me it would have to be on a horse and the muscles needed don't bear thinking about) I'd be away into the woods for that feeling of wonderful freedom.... can you hear the wistfulness here.

On a positive note. I've been searching the internet and seem to have found a "reasonably" (everything is relative) priced engine that can be put on my mountain bike. I have finally realised that, no matter how much better things might get, I am never going to be Belgian Hill Approved :rotfl:

I'm going to save for that engine and look forward to reintegrating family life of some sort!

Katharine

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Howdy Katharine,
I so hope you can get the motor for the bike. Here there was once a company that sold complete motorized bicycles ("Whizzer" as I recall). Now there are electric bicycles and scooters.
When I was a boy I loved riding my bicycle but I haven;t been able to pedal since the early 1970s. The motorcycle compensates wonderfully!:lol:
Douglas+

1 - 6 of 6 Posts