The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

About two weeks ago I was chatting to two friends and the subject of socks came up.... Dont ask! ;)

Anyway, I happened to mention that I had to cut the top 'rib' off each pair of socks I buy because they are too tight around my ever swollen ankles (thank you water retention and high blood pressure...) and proceeded to show them my feet.

They were mildly surprised as I had never mentioned having horribly swollen feet before and they are always kept well under wraps so no one can see them! ;)

Well imagine my surprise and delight to get a little package in the post this morning from one of them with two pairs of what she fondly calls 'senior socks'. Brightly coloured socks they are too - one with stripes and one with dots - with no rib on them made specially for older folk and those with swollen ankles!!

I was very touched and it absolutely made my day! The simple kindness of others, eh?

I am wearing my socks now with pride and a smile on my face :)

Luv n stuff
Joan:rose:

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Awwwwwww isn't that sweet and so kind :)

I am constantly amazed at how kind some people I hardly know can be while others I know better seem to lack even the simplest consideration at times.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
What a surprise, what a nice thing for her to do! Makes you feel special doesnt it.

I made a resolution last year to perform one act of kindness a day...I enjoyed it so much I still try to do it as often as I can.

It ranges for opening a door, allowing someone to merge into traffic, to buying a cop or fireman a cup of coffee....

Easy to do and emotionally rewarding.

Stephanie

·
Registered
553 Posts
That was a really sweet thing to do.... bless.

It is always amazing how wonderfully thoughtful some people can be! It's nice to know they are still out there

Claire xx

·
Registered
893 Posts
Such tender and thoughful acts are pretty wonderful and thats one of them.

Now who was it who said the thing about buying firemen cup's of coffee...ah yes Stephanie.

Now I do try to smile in general and also let people in front of me when Im driving although I have never thought to do ' at least one kind act a day'.
I have to say I like that idea.

I'm just so 'up' for offering firemen cups of coffee.
Not sure my husband would appreciate it but I really really like that idea:)

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
How sweet a story that one is and what great friends you have!

Enjoy those socks and your friends - sounds like both are precious indeed.

·
11,408 Posts
Very sweet story. Your friends sound wonderful and caring.

Love,
Lyn

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Isn't it lovely that in a world gone mad there is still human kindness.

What a nice thing that they did Joan not to mention you deserve it.

Glad you are enjoying the new socks and sure hope they work well on the swollen ankles.

Enjoy your weekend.:wink2::wink2::wink2:

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
Joan (((hugs)))
I am so sorry that you are having trouble with swollen ankles:(.On the other side of all of this it sure is great to have someone think about you in such a small way but at the same time in a big way for you.You are such a wonderful caring person yourself so it is realy nice to see you get back some of what you give out.I sure hope you know what i mean :lol:.I know what i mean but not everybody else knows what i mean lol.Take care of yourself and hoping your blood preasure goes down for you and soon ((((hugs)))).

Tammy

·
Registered
1,613 Posts
Hi Joan :wavey:

Apart from the blood pressure, water retention and swollen feet and ankles i hope you are keeping well.

That was very thoughtful of your friend to have sent you those socks, its nice to know that there are still people out there who are prepared to do a good deed for others.

It really makes you feel good to know that someone is thinking of you, friends like those are hard to find and well worth keeping.

My best friend Lisa often arrives at my house with gifts like flowers or teddies and its so nice. A while back she arrived with a teddy that is 2 feet tall, she had entered into a raffle for it and nobody had claimed the prize so she talked to the guy who had organised it and explained how she had this friend who was ill and how much i loved teddies, the guy said he had had alot of people come in and ask if they could have it for their child but he really wanted to give it to someone who would appreciate it. Well i sure did appreciate it, its gorgeous and i always think of my friend Lisa when i look at it.

Take care :hug: Jo :hug:

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Aww how thoughtful of her :love: It's heartening when things like this happen, it helps balance out all the other stuff doesn't it :hug:

If I could find me a fireman I would buy him a cup of coffee in the blink of an eye Stephanie :rotfl:

love
Lily

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes it was a lovely gesture on her part :) They are a great little invention. The thing is when I cut the rib off my old socks they inevitably 'spring' down and sometimes end up curled under my heel. Also some of them tend to unravel as well.

Well these lovely socks are grand and long on the leg part and stay up high enough above my ankle without causing a single ounce of pressure on my swollen bits :)

Ah the joy of simple pleasures :lol: I am seeing my friend tonight so I have a big bottle of her favourite tipple ready - Black Bushmills!

Luv n stuff
Joan:rose:

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Hi Joan,

I am happy to know you have such caring and generous friends. :)

I hope your blood pressure, and water retention, along with swollen feet,
ease up for you very soon.

I hate to sound stupid..but, I can be sometimes. At the very least.. lacking in good judgement. What is tipple? I am thinking it must be an alcoholic beverage of some kind? Anyway, I hope you have a throughly fun visit with your friend.
:lol:

Love You,
Sandy

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
:lol: Sandy.............you guessed right :bigsmile:

love
Lily

1 - 15 of 15 Posts