TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi-
I'm new to this site- but not to lupus. I was diagnosed over 20 years ago. The plaquinel really does work wonders. I used it with great success. Went back to work part time, raised a wonderful daughter, been married 30 years. My husband has been very supportive. But men like to fix things for us, make everything alright. It took my husband a while to figure out this was just one of things he had no control over. There are some great books for family members dealing with cronic illnesses. We have to remember that this isn't affecting just us- it affects everyone we love or share our lives with. Some people take longer to adjust. And some won't. I lost some friendships after I got sick. It hurt. But the friends That stayed made me stronger.
Life sucks when you have lupus. You have to change a lot of things. But it can also make life an adventure by making you change. Garden in the dark, swim at night. You can become a stronger person in spite of this illness -or give in to it. I have always chosen to be stronger then the illness. I rule my life- it doesn't.

Things will look up. Some times you just have to look.
Kathy

·
11,405 Posts
Hi Kathy,

I moved your post to start your own thread. That way your post wont get lost in someone else's thread.:)

Welcome to the lupus site. You have found a great place for information and caring members.

You have been diagnosed a long time. I am sure you will have lot of advice on how you deal with lupus. If you have any questions you can post them.

We also have a chat room that you can go into and talk one on one with members.

I look forward to hearing from you.
Take care,
Lyn

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Hi Kathy, welcome to the board.
I agree that there is life in, with, and through lupus. I was also diagnosed 20 years ago and it was not as easy to diagnose then. Not bad, but not as much known and accepted as there is now.
Plaquenil and I aren't compatible but there are other meds we have worked and fine tuned.
Sally

·
Registered
416 Posts
Hi Kathy,

I loved your post "... garden in the dark, swim at night ..."

Welcome to the board!

Barb

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hello Kathy and :welcome:

Love the attitude, thanks for sharing it :)

bye for now and speak soon,

Katharine

·
Administrator
10,165 Posts
Hi Kathy,

Welcome to the site. I am glad you have joined us. I am looking forward to getting to know you better.

Don't forget to visit the chat room. It is a great way to get to know the other members and help out those with questions. Your 20 years of experience will be helpful especially for those newly diagnosed.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
Kathy,
Hi and welcome to the site. You are right it effect everyone around us too. I do hope that you find the site useful and supportive. It seems that you have a good spirit and are all that much more stronger. I am glad that you are looking on the lighter side of things.

I am happy to hear that someone is going forward instead of 2 steps backwards. It just seems to work that way for most of us on the site. I hope you stay feeling well and doing well also. I do hope to see you in the chat room sometime.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts