TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, as a child i had scabs on my head, at the age of 16 i developed a sun rash and joint pain, I went on to have 3 children and 7 miscarages, I have sufferd with depresion I have had ongoing kidney problems, liver levels in the blood have been up and down[ i dont drink] . ana tests are positive, esr rate is always raised, and a few other tests are positive. I went to see a doctor in waterford who told me it was all in my head? My Gp says i have lupus, i know i have lupus, why carnt the hospital see whats stairing them in the face? I have eye problems, hair loss, now to top it all the pain in my side may be my gall bladder, waiting for scan now. I have the hospital again today and i dont want to go as they make me feel as though im mad, i will move back to the uk if i get no joy today, Can any one tell me a good consultant in the coventry,birmingham area? It will be the same story today with the consultant they have not got a clue. why is lupus such a hard thing to diignose

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hello Sirrak :) and welcome,

I just PM'd you suggesting you start your own thread as you'll get lost in here..

There's also a find a doctor section which is really helpful for recommendations.

It takes a little time to find your way around the boards but you'll see that soon you'll wonder how you lived without us :lol:

bye for now,
Katharine

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Hi there,

Reading your post reminds me of me... I went through so much the same things... I have two children lost seven... I have had problems all my life and was not diagnosed until seven or eight years ago... But my doctors did treat my symptoms... Until the diagnose fianally presented itself...
I think going to another doctor would be such a good idea for you... Write down everything that has happened to you and bring it with you...
I am sorry you are going through all this...
Coming to this site should give you comfort knowing you are not alone... There are others going through the same thing as you ...
Take care

love Penny

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Birmingham is a well known Lupus Centre, I have a friend who goes there.
I am sorry you are having such an awful time. You are not mad!
x Lola

1 - 4 of 4 Posts