TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Got another docs sicknote for a month, and when the works medical/report done and any adjustments and phased return to work, then I see how I feel, as need to work less days now. Its too painful. Its just not acceptable, if you feel you cant do it ! .........

On meds from hospital, and my doc is going to support me, so requested the DLA form, then get help with it (dialuk Im gonna ring 1st) and then hopefully Im allowed the benefit !!

Just resting now, trying to take stock of the Lupus/arthritis/fibromyalgia,reynauds. Ive now been diagnosed. Sore also and exhausted, but trying to cheer myself up, but its hard. Sat here daily alone. Have bought a Lupus book, so have now started reading it. Hands always cold with reynauds, and still face burning on and off, but not quite as severe. But in alot of soreness etc constantly every damn minute.
Hope you all as well as can be.

regards, best wishes.
Diane X

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
Diane,
It is hard to be sick and alone. Remember you are not alone and can offer a lot of help to others on the site to pass the time. I have pets that keep me company, you might want to look into on for yourself. A dog can be trained to even help you out if needed. I perfer cats as they don't have be taken out so they are more for company and comfort than anything else. When I am stuck in bed they take turns coming and seeing me and resting with me.

It is a shock to learn that things are not in your head and that they have a name for it lupus. You will make it past this and be able to look back on this and say boy what was I thinking? If you need me I am here for you just message me and I will talk with you as besides my daughter several times a day I am by myself and the eight cats lol . They keep me going and get me up everyday.

I do hope that you start to feel better very soon.

·
Administrator
10,167 Posts
Good luck filling out your forms. I hope everything goes smoothly and you get the benefits the first time you apply. Your doctor's support should help.

Since the days are dragging along for you and leaving you too much time to think about the disease it would be a good time to take up a couple of hobbies. Many of our members do some form of needlework, others photography and gardening. You could even join a group that shares your hobby. When I am able I attend a yoga class. The interaction with the others in the class always picks up my spirits.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
11,405 Posts
Hi Diane,

It is a roller coaster ride of emotions for you right now.
I wish you luck on filling out your paper work.

Lazylegs has given you good suggestions doing a hobby.
Reading a good book is a good pass time.

Take care,
Lyn

1 - 4 of 4 Posts