The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone.:)

It has been such a long time since I posted, so I thought I would check in with everyone and say hello.

I have been well for quite some time, so I thought I would go back to work, and it so happens I was offered my old job back. I work in a child care centre, which my doctor said would be a bit of a challenge but I thought I was ready to take it on. Three months went by without a hitch, but I got sick and it was the sickest I had ever been. I managed to pick up a cold and 4 months later I still have it. I flared quite badly, all the usual but with vomiting, rapid weight loss, nose bleeds and could not get out of bed for nearly 2 weeks, everywhere ached, pretty much I felt like I had been hit by a truck. My blood resusts were all over the place. :(

I have managed to work through it, my boss has been wonderful, I only work part time now, (three days a week) school hours 9-3pm, which works in well with the family too. My lupus is slowly being controled again, but it has taken a while, and I know when I am doing too much.

On another note, I caught up with an old friend that I hadn't seen for years and not knowing I have lupus, she told me she had lupus. She is so devestated but relieved that she knows someone with the same condition. We ended up meeting for morning tea and we chatted for hours. She has just been diognosed after years of symptoms and confusion and pain and thinking it was all in her head. I pointed her in the directions of these message boards so you will all probably meet her soon.

Thanks for reading and I'll see you all on the boards:wink2:

Denise

I'm on quite a few meds, but I think I am still flaring

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi Denise and welcome back,

I'm sorry to hear that going back to work pushed you back into a flare but it's good that you are beginning to get it in control. I suppose we all slowly learn what we can and can't do.

I keep wondering when I'll bump into someone that has lupus, it has to happen sometime, I mean, it's statistically less rare than MS...so why do I know so many people with MS and no-one (in real life I mean) who has lupus.

I hope that thing continue to improve for you,
Katharine

1 - 2 of 2 Posts